& 98 as bonus features.
Samurai Shodown Anthology WILL have SS V Special in. But it won't come out
until the end of the year.

Here's the link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unqJab8Vi2w

(reposted from rec.games.video.classic)

Marek

Banned
Awesome. Exposing noobs to the series to old school installments is always a plus. And idk how else Im gonna play SSV Special so I'll take it too.

Floob said:
The yet-to-be announced King of Fighters The Orochi Saga will feature KoF 94
& 98 as bonus features.
Samurai Shodown Anthology WILL have SS V Special in. But it won't come out
until the end of the year.

AWESOME! It's about time they released Samurai Shodown V Special in console format. But what about Mark of the Wolves? Will that be included in Fatal Fury: Battle Archives vol. 2 (unlikely) or KOF: Nests Anthology (also unlikely, but still possible)?

Between the numerous console releases and KOF XII, it looks like SNK Playmore has a lot on their plates. (Something tells me, though, that most of these games will be delayed by a couple months for unexplained reasons. It's also a shame that they still haven't released Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princesse stateside; if Atlus can release Arcana Heart in the U.S., why can't SNKP do the same for TSS?)

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Good stuff. That Arcade classics collection looks nice.

I have not been keeping up on SS:Sen but the fatalities they showed looked pretty cool.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
SWEET!! I will have to hunt them ALL down!

GAMEFAN

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
More games for my wii. Finally getting some use out of the system.. No more Heroes now this!!

gleason

Kuroko's Training Dummy
HAYO MAR EWW .......lol, great news though, glad we won't have to import everything either

kingbuzzo

Zero's Secretary
why is he mentioning cel shading when he talks about kofxii? Is it not all 2d Sprites?

nice to see the full lineup. Will probably pick up 98UM when it comes out. Would like to see more releases on the wii though.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Man that video is a huge tease. I bet 75% of those get delayed till next year.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
kingbuzzo said:
why is he mentioning cel shading when he talks about kofxii? Is it not all 2d Sprites?
He obviously doesn't know what cel-shading is. He must be thinking it means "2D art shaded like an animation cel." He also says "O-rah-chi" which cracked me up.

But great news all around. I'll be buying almost all of these.

aria

Former Moderator
Ride that dead horse, pseudo-SNK, ride it until it's nothing but bones then ride those bones until they are dust. Afterwards you can start humping the ground where the dust lay.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Ride that dead horse, pseudo-SNK, ride it until it's nothing but bones then ride those bones until they are dust. Afterwards you can start humping the ground where the dust lay.
How is it different then Tecmo Arcade Classics or Namco Museum or Taito Arcade Classics or Capcom Antology or whatever? These are great old games unavailable (or not easily available, at least) to a large segment of the gaming population. I mean, I still like playing Hydro Thunder or GnG or Rygar on Xbox. I don't have a problem with it, especially for as many games as they are putting on most of these.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Releasing ports is fine with me, just as long as they're not half ass. Re-releasing an older game shouldn't have more glitches than the original format, and it sure as hell shouldn't play as less of a game as the original.
Metal Slug Anthology didn't play bad, but the whole making the display bigger made everything look like crap. Classic controller not being supported didn't really bother me. I just hope Samurai Shodown Anthology supports it.

aria

Former Moderator
SouthtownKid said:
How is it different then Tecmo Arcade Classics or Namco Museum or Taito Arcade Classics or Capcom Antology or whatever? These are great old games unavailable (or not easily available, at least) to a large segment of the gaming population. I mean, I still like playing Hydro Thunder or GnG or Rygar on Xbox. I don't have a problem with it, especially for as many games as they are putting on most of these.

Did I say it was different?

How much new software is pseudo-SNK putting out?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
you'd think with the dual release of KoF 94 they'd have the decency to include 94 rebout somewhere...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bobak said:

All this year: Completely new from the ground up Samurai Shodown, completely new from the ground up 2D KOF, new Metal Slug. An update to their 3D KOF series not too long from now, with possibly a new installment later in the year. Also 4 new DS games in 2008 (not counting Metal Slug). And none of that is including the remakes or collected anthologies.

They are not slouching. That is not a small line-up even compared to a lot of years in old SNK's heyday. Sure, I seriously doubt I will like any of these new games more than my old favorites... but for the most part, that was already true for me from 1994 or 1995 on. So no loss.

aria

Former Moderator
SouthtownKid said:
All this year: Completely new from the ground up Samurai Shodown, completely new from the ground up 2D KOF, new Metal Slug. An update to their 3D KOF series not too long from now, with possibly a new installment later in the year. Also 4 new DS games in 2008 (not counting Metal Slug). And none of that is including the remakes or collected anthologies.

They are not slouching. That is not a small line-up even compared to a lot of years in old SNK's heyday. Sure, I seriously doubt I will like any of these new games more than my old favorites... but for the most part, that was already true for me from 1994 or 1995 on. So no loss.

They release a broken DS game (unexcusable for any company) and they rehash a bunch of games. Ohh... but they did introduce witch touching. Wow.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
FairlanePhantom said:
Classic controller not being supported didn't really bother me. I just hope Samurai Shodown Anthology supports it.

IIRC: All modern games should have CC support...

MSA lacked CC support because they did not have the specs from Nintendo while they were working on it.

Of course, Nintendo could have made the CC work in as a gamecube controller, but that would be too easy.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
They release a broken DS game (unexcusable for any company) and they rehash a bunch of games. Ohh... but they did introduce witch touching. Wow.
You're talking about last year, and I'm talking about upcoming stuff now. The new KOF is not a rehash. The new Samurai Shodown is not a rehash. They are less rehashes than what we got for that type of game from 1995 until SNK's collapse. This doesn't need to be an argument.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
norton9478 said:
IIRC: All modern games should have CC support...

MSA lacked CC support because they did not have the specs from Nintendo while they were working on it.

Of course, Nintendo could have made the CC work in as a gamecube controller, but that would be too easy.

I've wondered why they haven't just added it to an update. But yeah, I remember when Game spot had the preview of MSA and the rep didn't even know what the classic controller was at the time.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Bobak said:

Sorry man, having a hard time seeing your angle; NG Battle Coliseum, Sam Sho Tenka, SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS, KOF 2003, KOF XI, KOF XII, KOF '94 Rebout, KOF '98 UM, KOF MI, SAM SHO SEN, not to mention several DS games, have been made post SNK bankruptcy.

Maybe some titles were based in past games, but a lot of new technology and development went into updating them. As for entirely new games, KOFXII has taken over 2 years to make.

People love to criticize SNKP, but seriously their business is much more viable now then when it was SNK. With the amount of work poured into making these titles, it makes sense to give people the old school titles they want, capitalizing on them, and funneling the funds into entirely new projects, which SNKP has. This is a good business strategy.

Rhioka

n00b
Finally :D

Compared to most KOF fans I'm pretty damn young. But ever since I first discovered KOF I've loved the storylines. I found KOF when I was 9 so the Orochi Saga was passed and I could only read it online, but of course they weren't f***ing selling it anymore. Finally I'll get to play their best storyline yet (in my eyes). :glee:

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
How can one not be excited about the stuff coming out from SNK/P? At least three new fighters, and long awaited compilations that many people have asked for.

Some people can be so bitter about these things. It amazes me that they're still playing video games at all.

aria

Former Moderator
SouthtownKid said:
This doesn't need to be an argument.

Then why are you making it one? Did I say you had to believe otherwise?

The fact that the Cardfighters incident was last year is also relevant to why the company is a joke. You simply don't release a broken product in any industry; I can think of the numerous people who would get fired at my work if we did.

VinylBoy said:
How can one not be excited about the stuff coming out from SNK/P? At least three new fighters, and long awaited compilations that many people have asked for.

I'm sorry if I stopped being impressed by SNK when they collapsed for the nth time. My money has been better spend elsewhere, and I'm not particularly impressed by the same series of fighting games. I didn't get the Neo Geo in 1991 because it was the KOF or SamSho system.

I enjoy video games, but I don't feel any investment in SNKP like I did when the company was very different in the mid-90s. That's never coming back, so I've moved on. I have no expectations other than rehashing one or two fighter series and milking old games to finance those aspects.

SNKP now is not the same as SNK then, and I liked that latter and am not impressed by the prior. Please don't impute that I somehow don't like video games, its insulting and fanboyish.