Consolizing my MVS - sound connections/problems???

Escape-To-88

New Challenger
Hi all,
Just whipped up my second Consolized MVS unit this morning using a 4 Slot board.
Controllers, Power and Picture all work great however having probs with the sound.
On my last project (which I have sold, typically) I wired the audio from the points on the headphone out and got a sort of 'faux' stereo effect through the T.V via RGB Scart.
I Have wired up the Scart Lead this time using the left and right pins on the jamma connector and the have grounded the audio. Sadly I have no sound!? I have wired them to Scart Pin 4 (Audio Ground), 2 and 6 (left and Right). Do I need to do something with the Mono + Jamma Pin i.e. use it as left, or perhaps 10 & 11?? Or can someone tell me an easier way to wire this?? Like I say I am using a SCART cable I knocked up so would like to run the sound through my T.V emulating stereo if possible.
Cheers!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What do you mean "faux stereo"? You should have been able to get true stereo sound by tapping the headphone leads.

Escape-To-88

New Challenger
Really I thought I could only emulate stereo?
Which headphone leads do you mean? Are you referring to the 4 pronged thing near the joypad ports? Problem is i'm not sure how to tap the headphone ports - which is ground/left/right?
cheers

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Getting a multimeter would help you tremendously.

Escape-To-88

New Challenger
I have one mate - what I mean is...on the headphone connector there are only TWO points on the board i.e. it only comes off two points/traces - so presumed one to be ground and one to be mono? Could anyone just tell me what points to come off from? If there were 3 points/traces coming from the headphone out I'd understand it.

Escape-To-88

New Challenger
Sure, it was me being a twat :) and was adament I'd checked all connections with a multimeter but the 12v line wasn't connected cleanly enough - hence no sound :emb: - isn't it always the simple solutions?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
So you've got stereo through the headphone jack connection now.