rainbows, bleeding and so on

kc

Belnar Institute Student
i got a aes syetem a few weeks ago serail#211278. i have been playing samuari shodown 2 for the past few day and i have been seeing the following.....

- hanzo arms are rainbowish
- nicotine levels smoke is rainbowish
- color bleeding all over the place
- pow bar rainboweffect
- everything is not sharp enough
note: i am using an composite connetion that goes trew a vcr to an rf tv. i will be buying a new tv

will X-Neo1 help this go away

-thanx

<small>[ August 27, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: kc ]</small>

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
kc:

note: i am using an composite connetion that goes to an rf tv.
I'm not certain what you mean here, because RF and composite are two different connections. If your TV accepts only RF, and you want better picture quality, you need a new TV. And if you want to take advantage of X-Neo 1, you need a TV with an S-video input.

To answer your question, from what I have seen, S-Video helps with all of those problems considerably, if not eliminating them altogether.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
I run a Neo MVS through the JROK RGB->Svideo converter and I don't have any issues like that. I would get a TV with Svideo input and do the Svideo mod to your system.

RF and composite video are both very horrible.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
do u guys recommend any tvs (20+inch) for under 250$

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Reznor007:
I run a Neo MVS through the JROK RGB->Svideo converter and I don't have any issues like that. I would get a TV with Svideo input and do the Svideo mod to your system.

RF and composite video are both very horrible.
Hey, not to get off-topic, but I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I did the internal S-video mod to one of my consoles, and while the picture is fine, I thought the mod is kind of sloppy (adding components on top of components), and I have some qualms about drilling into the case and in fact, changing the console at all.

Do you use the JROK externally? I was wondering how the X-Neo-1 got power to the chip that is inside its encoder, then I found the pinout for the 8-pin DIN connector (thanks to NEOGEOman's site) and I see that there are pins for RGB, Sync, Ground and +5V. Everything that is needed for the JROK to work, right? I could stick all that in a little project box and with connectors mounted for the 8-pin DIN cable (which I would need to find) and S-video.

I may also try building my own encoder with an AD725.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
I use it inside my supergun box, but yes, it is essentially external. No problems at all.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Reznor007:
I use it inside my supergun box, but yes, it is essentially external. No problems at all.
Oops... you were talknig about MVS, while I was talking about the home system. ButI don't see why the JROK couldn't be uised externally with the home system.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The s-video from a jrok is great and will definately add to the picture quality.

One problem with neo is that even on an mvs monitor, sometimes one sees a pixelated effect since teh neo cannot do transparencies.

I cannot comment on the s-video quality mods, as my home system isn't modded, however i have an mv-1fz with a jrok, and the mvs has a much better picture quality.

The reason your tv set looks bad is one: the rbg signal is compromised into a/v, then the a/v is compromised into rf, then the rf is compromised back into rgb.

The signal is converted 3 times between the neo and your tv.

<small>[ August 27, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Magnaflux ]</small>

idiot

n00b
I get the same rainbow effects on my AES. I want to get get a S-video mod done to fix it. Are the folks over at wwww.neogeousa.com good people to work with/trustworthy?

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
idiot:
I get the same rainbow effects on my AES. I want to get get a S-video mod done to fix it. Are the folks over at wwww.neogeousa.com good people to work with/trustworthy?
Not bad to work with, but sending a Neo system back and forth to Canada gets a little pricy.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. I'm looking for other Neo fanatics in my area, so shoot me a PM if you are interested in a get-together.