Exactly what CD soundtracks for SNK game are there?

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I see people posting the wantteds for the CD soundtracks, and most of them I didnt even know existed... I would like to see a list of the soundtracks that were made.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I know there is a soundtrack for every King of Fighter and some of the Fatal Fury series.
Mark of the Wolves is included in this as well.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Id like to know where it started... I could go for FF:Special soundtrack... I dont even remeber his name but that last boss with the red background at the ocean has awesome music. Its been a good 5+ years since I was there.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Jesus you want a list of neo sound tracks???

not to mention that a lot of the neo games spawn more then one soundtrack (there is a shermie soundtrack, A neo gal collection, etc etc) the Samurai showdown series has a soundtrack series as well, you can get into laser disc also. well you also want the Anime soundtracks of animes based on neo games. The remixes of neo game soundtracks. the voice collections....needless to say there are alot of cds on neo games. That would be a hard list to compile.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
And don't forget . . . every Neo CD game has its entire soundtrack in redbook audio . . . plays in any regular CD player, just skip to track 2 where the audio tracks start (track "1" is game programs/data).
smile.gif
smile.gif

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
The first soundtrack I ever saw was for Samurai Shodown. Cost me $45 to get it. Geez, I'm sucker.
smile.gif

James

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well as I told Shawn, there are soundtracks for a lot of SNK games, You just have to keep an eye out for em. I'll finally have my KoF 2K OST, Mark of the Wolves OST and the KoF R1 & R2 OSTs next week. If you're curious about what soundtracks are out there that I have bumped into, Here's a small list of what SNK music I have so far.

Art of Fighting 2 OST
Art of Fighting 2 Neo CD Remix
King of Fighters 96 Neo CD Remix
King of Fighters 97 OST
King of Fighters 97 Neo CD Remix
King of Fighters 98 Neo CD Remix
King of Fighters 99 OST
King of Fighters 99 Neo CD Remix
Last Blade 2 OST
Samurai Shodown 1 OST
Samurai Shodown Image Album
Samurai Shodown 2 OST
Samurai Shodown 2 NeoCd Remix
Samurai Shodown 3 OST
Samurai Shodown 4 OST
Samurai Shodown 4 Neo CD Remix

Of course this isn't everything but, It's an example of what I have or can get. I was kinda shocked that not too many people knew about the SNK game soundtracks out there. If you have any questions about it that I might be able to answer, Feel free to drop me a line... ^_^

BonusKun

[This message has been edited by BonusKun (edited October 08, 2000).]

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
I know that this isn't Neo Geo related but I also bought a PaRappa the Rapper soundtrack. It's phat!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
To be honest I find that the Neo CD games even tho awesome in quality are edited like crazy. Example is KoF 97 Kyo's Esaka Forever piece. The track is split into 2 parts on the Neo CD version but the hurting part is that the cool gutiar solo part in the opening was cut expect for a small part at the end which starts on the Neo CD. If you want to hear this as how it was originally composed. ICQ me (46556359) and I'll send it to ya. ^_^

BonusKun

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Originally posted by yuckydog:
I know that this isn't Neo Geo related but I also bought a PaRappa the Rapper soundtrack. It's phat!

I feel sorry for you my friend.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
I have four original music cds:

Sonic Wings 2
Magical Drop 2
Fatal Fury 2
Voltage Fighter Gowkaizer

It think they are worth it because you get the original and arranged versions of the songs + sound effects (which are good for sampling).

Do Magician Lord or Viepoint Music CDs exist?

Carlson "16-bit"

N

NGPSkinhead

Own a copy of the soundtrack of Blazing Star. It is really great.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Well I may as well say so, part of the web site I'm working on is to cover as many Neo·Geo OST's as I can, with title, CD#, origin, release date, a cover scan, bonus pic showing extras if possible and off shoot but Neo related ones like The King of Fighters: Kyo (for Playstation), Sonic Wings Special (SS& PS) and so on.

I'll report back later with some listings, & pics if anyone cares.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Whether anyone cares or not:

Neo·Geo DJ Station

Big Bruno mentioned laserdiscs.

Magician Lord 16-bit asked about.

Ninja Masters

Sonic Wings Limited

And a little fun with Fatal Fury

I can offer additional info on about half of what's above, if desired. The list I have compiled (most info present) is now at something like 114, so there are certainly many Neo-related CD's.

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited October 10, 2000).]

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
All I can say is sweet.
I would love to get copies of the OSTs CD. If you're willing to work out any kind of deal for em, Let me know. Even a *sudder* Burn would make me happy. ^_^

BonusKun

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Does anyone know if any OST CDs for the Metal Slug titles exist? If so, I'll start searching now...

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Personally I've never managed to come across any other than the Metal Slug 2 CD. I keep looking and hoping to find more, but my treasure hunts are without reward. But if that one exists, it's probably safe to say that at least one more does.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I remember having a copy of the Samurai Shodown II soundtrack... I used to play Nicotine's music during my club sets to go from one style of music to another, just to add that crazy tension on the dance floor.
biggrin.gif

ANYHOO... where's a good store to get some of these soundtracks. Or a good site for mp3s?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
"Contact BonusKun" seems to be the answer of choice.

The only stores where you're likely to find anything are in Japan. There's CD Japan (www.cdjapan.co.jp) for a few of the newer ones, but otherwise you're out of luck. I know Planet Anime states that they can special order some from Japan, periodically changing which ones, but at ridiculous prices (around $30 from what I've seen), even for the ¥1500 CD's!

Perhaps it's time I did a little searching amongst my lists of co.s doing special orders from Japan, and report back later. Just keep in mind that most of these are out of print, and thus will likely not be accepted for special orders.

I have that Samurai II OST (original) and it mostly only reminds me of how much I hate the game, but I just can't bring myself to sell it. Mizuki's & Kuroko's stage music are always worth a listen, though.