King of Fighters XII to be shown off in video form at AOU 2008

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Kind of off topic, but is Derby Owners Club: 2008 going to be playable? (can't read the japanese)

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
When is this thing taking place?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like it'll be this Saturday.

RyanDG

n00b
INfintido said:
Kind of off topic, but is Derby Owners Club: 2008 going to be playable? (can't read the japanese)

Yeah, it's listed on Sega's preview site as being playable.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Deuce bait (i.e.I'm not serious)

I don't care - if it's not on neo hardware, it isn't real.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
And thus the cycle continues. More twits from the peanut gallery bemoaning the very existence of an SNK franchise title on something other than the Neo, regardless of whether or not it's any good.

But wait, that "doesn't happen anymore." ;P

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
And thus the cycle continues. More twits from the peanut gallery bemoaning the very existence of an SNK franchise title on something other than the Neo, regardless of whether or not it's any good.

lols

Burnsro

Rugal's Thug
The video will show a bunch of snapshots from previous KOF games, the KOF XII logo and then fade to black.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Deuce said:

hoo hoo hoo ha ha ha. It doesn't happen nearly to the extent it used to, and it's not even the majority of the people anymore, either. 4 years ago, you couldn't even HAVE a thread about a non-Neo game in this section without tooshort instantly coming in and complaining about it. Then, some mod would either move or delete it by the end of the day. Same with ports of Neo games. The difference between then and now is night and day, whether you want to see it or not.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Deuce said:

hahaha
fucking hell..

ikariwarriorf22

New Challenger
King of Fighters XII to be shown off in video form at AOU 2008 Reply to Thread

I am looking forward to seeing what King of Fighters XII looks like. Hopefully we will see a teaser soon as well.

Deuce

SouthtownKid said:
The difference between then and now is night and day, whether you want to see it or not.
What you say may be true; however, it does not negate the truth of what I say. If it's getting better, then great. But improved or not, it's still there, and it's still a sure thing any time a thread about a new SNKP game appears.

Marek

Banned
SouthtownKid said:
4 years ago, you couldn't even HAVE a thread about a non-Neo game in this section without tooshort instantly coming in and complaining about it.

That stuff was just so unnecessary

lols

BLAGRAH!! ALL PORTS ARE INFERIOR!!!

You are right though. You dont hear much of that shit anymore. People are just sick of the same old 'meh'. I think the argument lost most of its momentum once more time passed from the aes and mvs formats being officially abandoned by SNK.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
I guess I'm the only one excited to see this? (Although I'll never play it in arcades because Taito won't publish it abroad like Sega)

You guys suck. This could very well be the greatest KOF ever. Its been in development for 3-4 years. SOMETHING has to come out of that.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I find Deuce's reading comprehension, or lack of it, quite funny. read the title to my first post you dork.

Deuce

DevilRedeemed said:
I find Deuce's reading comprehension, or lack of it, quite funny. read the title to my first post you dork.
It wasn't really directed at you. That said, I never bother looking at post titles.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
It wasn't really directed at you.
...despite the fact he was the only person in the thread up to that point who mentioned the Neo hardware. Yeah, that's believable.

Other than his post, you had Setsuna talking about getting his hopes up, then smashed... which implies he is looking forward to the game... and Spike quoting for truth. Try again.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
SouthtownKid said:
...despite the fact he was the only person in the thread up to that point who mentioned the Neo hardware. Yeah, that's believable.

Other than his post, you had Setsuna talking about getting his hopes up, then smashed... which implies he is looking forward to the game... and Spike quoting for truth. Try again.
Just to make things clear, yes, i'm interested in how this kofXII thing ends up being. Even if it's terrible

Deuce

SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, that's believable.
What you believe is of no consequence. The point of the statement, "regardless of whether or not it's any good," still holds true.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
I think one thing that will really suck with this game, is it's untimely release. I think it will end up being overshadowed once again, by Capcom and the Street Fighter franchise, even if it is a good game. Had they released it last year, they would have been first on the block with a hot new 2D fighting game franchise revived for next gen. Now, it's just going look to a lot of people unfamiliar with SNK like they are cloning Street Fighter.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
it's gonna be a vid. so it should be shown in very early stages (my point of view).

My guess it's a release date for the early 09 Window. Given that they would want this game to make it out to arcades early in the year, in order to get it into SBO.

with 98 UM in SBO this year, im pretty sure they'd want their next KoF game in the next SBO. and wouldn't want to compete with themselves 98 vs XII.

my guess really is that 98 UM is gonna be competing this year with SF4, even then it's a maybe whichever way you put it.

Either way, im really looking FWD to the vid @ AOU, and to check out everyone's reviews on SF4's gameplay.