Anybody have probs with their old style joysticks sticking?

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
One of my old style sticks has started to screw up a bit recently. For some reason, not all directions on the stick work 100% - mostly diagonals really. At first it was up/right that didnt work, but after taking the stick to pieces carefully (I'm not really good at tech stuff to be honest) to see if I could see anything wrong, I put it back together and now up/left seems screwed most of the time (left on its own doesn't always seem to work too).

All the microswitches inside are clicking properly and everything - anybody else experience this problem with their sticks or have any idea why this is happening or if I can fix it? :)

agentz

n00b
I haven't had any problems with the joystick, but i think a my A button is going to die soon

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
bad solder joints are the culprit most of the time. Check them for loose wires/ frayed wires.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Yeah, when I get time tomorrow I'll probably open it up again and have a proper look to see if I can find anything that looks dodgy... hopefully I can get this sorted soon because I have a friend who's ass I wanna kick at Samurai Shodown sometime soon :)

Thanks both.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
ok this is strange... if I take the stick apart and plug it in, all directions work fine if I press the microswitches manually - but if I put the stick back together, left still doesn't work 100%. Everything looks to be ok though - anybody have any ideas?

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
heh nevermind... after taking it apart again the problem seems to have cured itself... I'm relieved :)