NEO GEO Stick 2 for the Nintendo Wii

RyanDG

n00b
Japanese retailer Rakuten has a new page posted for a NEO GEO Stick 2 for the Nintendo Wii. No images of the stick were available, but the item description states it should be similar in size and shape to the PS2 stick that was previously released (and a bit hard to find).

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/jan-4560289420099/

Thought some people may get a kick out of it, with some of the rumored Nintendo Wii releases coming out and the NEO GEO Virtual Console games.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
nice. i'd like to swoop one this time around since i have the console. already have a hori wii stick though (which is really nice).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Too bad there aren't nearly as many SNK titles on the Wii as there are on the PS2. Great stick overall though, Just wish they would remake the new style sticks.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

ScumBum

n00b
That is hella cool if they release the old school stick .

I know what you mean BonusKun , after playing in the arcades alot and then useing the aes stick it always felt like it was going to fly out my hands, cause its so light .

But screw it , its a real Neo Geo stick !!:qcf:

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Seems to be SNK Playmore will concentrate to produce more games for Wii in the future: Low productions costs and best selling hardware worldwide...

but nice the NeoGeo Stick 2 comin around. Nice to play the other Arcade Hits with it too...

PS2-NeoGeo-Stick-2-1.gif

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Great to see this stick coming out, hopefully they'll follow with more compilations and VC releases as well. Looking forward to more details on the Samurai Spirits Collection since I never picked up Tenka, though it might not even be on it I guess.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I was so hoping they would do this. I can't stand playing Neo games with out that controller.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Pretty cool.

I have the Neo Geo Stick 2 for PS2 and it's pretty much a perfect replica of the old AES controller.

I wonder if the Wii version will include any of the changes introduced with the Neo Geo Stick 3 model (slightly larger ball, metal stick, and overall heavier weight).

Electric Cake

Kula's Candy
Neogeofan12 said:
Don't want to get off-topic but does the Neo stick for the PS2 also works for the PS1?

Sure, its have the same controller input as the ps 2, those sticks are awesome.

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
I wanted one of these sticks, and I've only downloaded 2 of the Neo Virtual games. However, I just can't pay $9 each for those games anymore. SNK Arcade Classics is coming out on PS2 in April for only $19. It includes 16 of the same games! Accompanied with the other SNK Releases on PS2, it just doesn't make sense to dish out $9 each for them on the Wii. You get more games (because there's usually 2 or 3 on a disc; ie. Art of Fighting, Slug, KOF, etc.) plus cool packaging if you go the PS2 route (I don't have a PS2, but I play them on my PS3).

Just doesn't make sense in my book to pay almost $10 each for one game and not even have a cool package to display on your shelf.

Cool joy stick though.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
Fish_Monger said:
I wanted one of these sticks, and I've only downloaded 2 of the Neo Virtual games. However, I just can't pay $9 each for those games anymore. SNK Arcade Classics is coming out on PS2 in April for only $19. It includes 16 of the same games! Accompanied with the other SNK Releases on PS2, it just doesn't make sense to dish out $9 each for them on the Wii. You get more games (because there's usually 2 or 3 on a disc; ie. Art of Fighting, Slug, KOF, etc.) plus cool packaging if you go the PS2 route (I don't have a PS2, but I play them on my PS3).

Just doesn't make sense in my book to pay almost $10 each for one game and not even have a cool package to display on your shelf.

Cool joy stick though.

Not only are the games cheaper and more are available. But I also happen to have a Neo Stick 2 for PS2 for sale :D http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178217

Shameless? Yes.
Helpful? Maybe.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Yeah, they're a friggin idiot. It even has a picture o a line plugging into a remote, and they still don't know.