CPS 1 q-sound issue

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
I have a cadillacs and dinosaurs I picked up from mainman a few months back. Suddenly the game will freeze or not boot at random. If i run the game from just the jamma edge without any sound roms etc, it plays fine. I know the issue is with the sound board/roms. Any advice and if no one has a clue, will you please take a look at it for me mainman?

Pas

Camel Slug
Have you checked your voltage/amperage from the power supply on all your lines? The extra draw of the sound system setup may be pushing it over what it can handle or it may just need to be upped a little bit to compensate for the extra load. I would check those first, adjust as nessisary, then continue troubleshooting from there.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Pas,

After I posted, I realized this and felt like an idiot. Indeed, the SC200 only carries 4 amps on the 5v line for my supergun, so that's why the game plays fine without the top 2 boards attached. Then I found this picture to confirm:

http://www.arcadiabay.de/source/item.aspx?id=2666

Indeed, 4.01 running alone and my supergun has a jrok and sync cleaner as well.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
thchardcore said:
I have a cadillacs and dinosaurs I picked up from mainman a few months back. Suddenly the game will freeze or not boot at random. If i run the game from just the jamma edge without any sound roms etc, it plays fine. I know the issue is with the sound board/roms. Any advice and if no one has a clue, will you please take a look at it for me mainman?

Glad you worked it out you had me worried there. I was about to mention before you discovered yourself that my cads would also recent on my supergun due to under power issues