HOW MUCH TO MOD MY AES SYSTEM??

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Fellas,
Do any of you have a basic idea of how much it will cost me to MOD my system for SVIDEO?
And who would you recomend to do this?
Im alittle reluctant to just send off my beloved NEO GEO but if i get enuff info on whos reliable i may just risk it.
Thanks
BREACH 444

------------------
kof99_jhunstand.gif
YOU, HAVEN'T GOTTA PRAYER!

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Ask JMKurtz the guy is one of the moderator right here in the forums LateRZ
wink.gif

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengeance cuts both ways"

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Contact Jeff Kurtz (jmkurtz@macola.com), he's by far the best person for doing mods to your Neo. He can do the following mods:

s-video output (much better pic quality!)
stereo output (RCA right and left jacks)
arcade debug chip
territory switch (Japan/Europe)

Jeff's rates are VERY reasonable, in fact he offers a package deal for all of the above mods together. He's 100% reliable, I sent him my Neo and he did super professional job on it!
biggrin.gif

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
cool PROZ, ill have to ask him.
I have heard his name before, so i take it he reliable and good? Do you know how much he charges by chance?
BREACH 444

------------------
kof99_jhunstand.gif
YOU, HAVEN'T GOTTA PRAYER!

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
You cant go wrong whit him man the guy has done almost all Neo-Geo system mods for the peeps here in the forum his work is super clean and for the prices well Email him at jmkurtz@macola.com

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengeance cuts both ways"

T

TheDjinn

JMKURTZ did mine and my friends and the picture quality looks great. The back of the system looks very professional almost as if it came out of the factory like that.

MyulChi

Goal! Goal! Goal!
you mean you can tell the difference of screen quality?? how? and how long does he take to mod one?

------------------
MyulChi.gif

T

TheDjinn

When I said the picture looks great, I meant it looks like real S-Video. Not as much color bleeding and waviness that the standard composite video. Ours took about a month because we gave him a very big order. Otherwise I'm sure it won't take that long.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you live in California, MAS Systems is great! (News of their death have been greatly exaggerated) Super pro work, like Jeff's, with comparable prices. They still make those awesome joysticks too!

------------------
ss2_jubeistand.gif

Neo Freak Since 1991 - and still going!

oi-punx

Stakes Winner
Don't go with MAS Systems. They took over a month to do my system and they (and I) are in California. They also charged me $100 for just the debug mod. Let me just say that Jeff's package deal price is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than what MAS wanted for everything by far. MAS is also very bad with returning emails, they did a good job though, it just cost a fortune.

------------------
you wind me up like a clockwork orange then you hide the key to my destination, no satisfaction it's all frustration, the times are changing, they're changing me
strider_hiryusword.gif

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Here is an e-mail that I recieved from JMkurtz a while ago:

KMkurtz:

Here are my prices for the mods I offer:

SVideo/Stereo - $80 + return shipping
Debug Bios - $50 + return shipping

Package: SVideo/Stereo/Debug - $125 - includes return shipping

If you have any other questions, just drop me a line.

Thanks,
Jeff

I haven't had any work done by him but, from what I've heard in this forum and on other neo related sites; he is a really honest person who is well equiped to mod neo systems. I'm thinking about getting mine modded soon...we will have to wait and see.

Bryan

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif
-Long live the Neo-

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I'm sorry, oi-punx that, you had a bad experience with MAS. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I think they are legit. I should have added that if you live near them you can literally "walk-in" with your Geo and they will mod it while you wait. I haven't been there in a while but I wanted to give gamers another option if they live in CA. You can't go wrong with Jeff, either. I recommend him as well.

------------------
ss2_jubeistand.gif

Neo Freak Since 1991 - and still going!

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I really want to get my system modded so I don't have to have a stupid cord plugged into the headphone jack just to get stereo! Plus, the s-video would defintely give a better picture.

The only problem is I just can not part with my Neo system for a month does anyone have any pre-modded systems for sale?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
heh
i wouldnt be able to
part with my system
for a whole month either!

------------------
vectorjoe.gif

I AM THE SATAN OF NEOGEOPOCKET!!!!!!!