Boot guide

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That's pretty good. If I have any disagreements, they are small...

Both PCBS should say SNK/SNK Playmore on them - if not - then the PCB is a bootleg.
I wouldn't go that far. There are always exceptions. In general, what is printed on the PCBs (year, manufacturer) should be taken with a grain of salt.

Some sellers list the game as 100% working rather than 100% original which sometimes means that the game is a bootleg.
More like "almost always means it's a bootleg," not "sometimes." I would go on to say that the phrase "100% working" is used as a cover, and code for bootlegs being sold on ebay, and as such should be treated with strong suspicion.

The Puzzle Bobble section is a little much. It can be summed up in far fewer words, and right now it mostly would serve to confuse people, I think. Also, Puzzle Bobble is a bad example to use in the earlier section on NGH numbers.

So, in short, aside from the label, which isn't very dependable, there isn't a way to see if it's a boot...? Maybe I'm too cautious to be buying carts on ebay :eye:

CC

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You can't tell for sure on ebay unless they take pics of the inside of the cart, but there are signs to look for sometimes that will tell you it's fake before you even open it. The main one to look for is "working" instead of "original" in the auction title.