Yet another Puzzle Bobble Boot????

aluisi

Geese's Thug
I cant really tell. Everything on the boards are legit. Toshiba chips. 3 eproms that are AMD and ST chips. There is some sloppy soldering on the back of the bottom board. A tracer wire to bridge a jumper that was cut on the top board but the soldering on the top board is super clean. the only thing i can think of is this is either a conversion cart from a damaged original cart or a repair job. what do you all think?

TOP BOARD
100_1073.jpg

100_1074.jpg

BOTTOM BOARD
100_1072.jpg

100_1075.jpg

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't think you could call it a repair because the board layout doesn't even resemble the legit boards I've seen. Is the Power Spikes II NGH number printed on the Toshiba chips then?

aluisi

Geese's Thug
Neo Alec said:
I don't think you could call it a repair because the board layout doesn't even resemble the legit boards I've seen. Is the Power Spikes II NGH number printed on the Toshiba chips then?

whats the number for the powerspike chips and I can look

Neo Alec said:

The boards are legit, just an old design.

Power Spikes 2 number is 068.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
metallizer said:
The boards are legit, just an old design.
Do you mean that you can verify other Puzzle Bobble carts with these board layouts, or that they are just legit boards (like lots of bootlegs have)?

Neo Alec said:
Do you mean that you can verify other Puzzle Bobble carts with these board layouts, or that they are just legit boards (like lots of bootlegs have)?

as you pointed you can´t verify if it is a boot or not just by the board design.

I doubt this was made with the Power Spikes 2 boards since these boards were used in early adk games.

better look for the puzzle bubble number (83) at the rom chips and other NGH numbers if present.

aluisi

Geese's Thug
Well I cant find any type of NGH number on the top board and that board has such clean soldering. but this has to be a boot now. The bottom board is showing as 044 on the two Toshiba chips that have the lay out of a NGH number. That game is Art of Fighting according to the master list.