Definate KOF 2000 boot

Pas

Camel Slug
So I was out in the garadge preping some stuff for my upcoming move and descided to remove the backs of my cabs to make sure things were secured and ready to go. In one of my NeoGeo cabs that I recently picked up I found a KOF2000 cart crammed up in the cab by the monitor! I havent gotten a chance to test it yet but being my first boot I though I would snap a few pics of it for people to see.

The case:
bootcase.JPG

The front of the program board:
boottf.jpg

The rear of the program board:
boottb.jpg

The front of the CHA board:
bootbf.jpg

The rear of the CHA board:
bootbb.jpg

Pas

Camel Slug
DJ Long Cat said:
Its a boot.

No SNK sign on it and all little chips.

Yeah I knew it was a boot already...just wanted to tell the story and show pics of it. Its a prity obvious boot too...I have seen a few where original boards were used and write once roms were used so it looked prity legit...prity ingenious actually but this things just ugly...most of the soldering is prity good though.

Just tried it out and nothing...just takes me straight to the crosshatch and test as if booting with no cartridge insterted at all. Ah well it was a freebee anyhow...into the trash it goes.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Wow!! unusual Boot..

Throwing it out,..shit I'd take it....I'd just like to look it over..

Attleast keep the case,you could maybe re-use it for another game or sell it empty..

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
There must've been some serious cash in bootleg MVS carts at some point for them to bother making all these surface mount boards instead of just saccing real ones. That's what really interests me about these.

Pas

Camel Slug
chris1 said:
Throwing it out,..shit I'd take it....I'd just like to look it over..

Attleast keep the case,you could maybe re-use it for another game or sell it empty..

Well I probably wont throw it out just yet. I may keep collecting dead boots (I can use official snk boards to make homebrew carts) and any of these surface mount ones just sell off in one big lot. I cant see spending the money to ship one dead boot really. As for the case, its a repro case with a broken screw post so its not really worth anything to me. I have three or four lower halves of cart cases sitting around right now that dont have a matching side as well...and a few other empty cases to use if I ever need to recase. I will kind of see how many more boots I get as I continue trying to collect all the MVS carts and see what happens from there.