Noob Alert ---> me

gretz99

n00b
Jumping into teh drama . . .

Just added a 4 slot to my game room (came with 10 games, mostly common). Have since picked up a few of the better games. Next step - spruce up the cab with some new buttons, CPO, etc. I have already picked up a lot of good info off the various forums.

I've come to realize that the NEO crowd seems to be a lot younger so I'll try and keep up. :glee:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
gretz99 said:
I've come to realize that the NEO crowd seems to be a lot younger so I'll try and keep up. :glee:

Not sure where you've been, but the Neo scene is probably one of the older ones. The kids who play Neo via emu might be young, but most of us here are 25 and up.

Many of us in our 30s, and a couple at 40 or so.

gretz99

n00b
qube said:
Not sure where you've been, but the Neo scene is probably one of the older ones. The kids who play Neo via emu might be young, but most of us here are 25 and up.

Many of us in our 30s, and a couple at 40 or so.

That's funny, I guess I assumed it was a younger crowd based on the nature of some of the posts. At my age (40) - I guess I should know better than to assume . . .

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
gretz99 said:
That's funny, I guess I assumed it was a younger crowd based on the nature of some of the posts. At my age (40) - I guess I should know better than to assume . . .

Hahaha, that's because we're particularly immature :lolz:

What do you expect though, we're in our 30s/40s and still hang out at videogame forums.

Welcome to the board :)

jox43w

New Challenger
hi im new too but cant start new threads i can only reply can anyone help?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
jox43w said:
hi im new too but cant start new threads i can only reply can anyone help?

You should be able to start a thread here in the 'Welcome' forum, but not in regular forums until you reach 100 posts.

Not sure if that rule still applies, but it used to.

gretz99

n00b
qube said:
Hahaha, that's because we're particularly immature :lolz:

What do you expect though, we're in our 30s/40s and still hang out at videogame forums.

Welcome to the board :)

Thanks! I refuse to grow up too.

jox43w

New Challenger
qube said:
You should be able to start a thread here in the 'Welcome' forum, but not in regular forums until you reach 100 posts.

Not sure if that rule still applies, but it used to.

i cant start a new thread here either? 100 posts seems a bit harsh before you can post in the main forum? so i have to make 100 posts before i can start a topic seeing as i dont know anything about neogeos what am i supposed to post about? this site has so much usefull info and iv lots of questions id like to ask to get my home mvs set up running this looks like the only forum that can help me and i can ask man this aint good :conf:

jox43w

New Challenger
ok well thinking about it the guy who started this thread is only on 4 posts as of now and he started this topic im confused :oh_no:

once again sorry for hijaking the thread but surely somethings up with my account i hope a mod or admin can help me out.

Q

Quddy

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Is it okay to discuss the NeoStore here?

jox43w

New Challenger
Space Runaway said:
Just wait. You'll be able to post in the forums soon.

Patience...

its not that i dont have patience, its not knowing why i cant start topics iv read the faq's but i cant find any info

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
jox43w said:
its not that i dont have patience, its not knowing why i cant start topics iv read the faq's but i cant find any info

Ummm. Have you tried the Post New Topic button?

Space Runaway

stakes winning forever
No, seriously, it takes about a little while. I don't think there's any info posted in the faqs about it. Just wait a bit.

Dj3stripes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i was having the same issue as jox thus i came here. Not sure how long a while is but i'm assuming a couple of hours maybe? No rush here.

new to the scene. ive been in love with the neogeo mvs for nearly 13 years. The lovely theme tones as the games cycled through the demos still echoed in my mind from when i would frequent my comic book store. Luckily I've the opportunity and privilege to now own a 4 slot. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can through the forums and possibly picking up some carts that may be for sale.

btw, i'm 27, nothing old about 30's and 40s it's all for video games!
:down: :downf: :forw: :A:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Dj3stripes said:
The lovely theme tones as the games cycled through the demos still echoed in my mind from when i would frequent my comic book store.

Dragon's Lair on Blondo?

Dj3stripes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
excellent do you still live in omaha? I read some old posts that you were trying to organize a get together a couple years back, did that ever work out?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Dj3stripes said:
excellent do you still live in omaha? I read some old posts that you were trying to organize a get together a couple years back, did that ever work out?

Nah, I'm looonnnngggg gone from that place. Eddie is still there though, and probably Squarehater, couple of others too.

That get together never happened, not enough support.

I only lived there for about a year or so, but I remember when I first visited Omaha in the early 90s, I went to Dragon's Lair on Blondo and loved it. I still used to go there when I lived there in '04, still had that Neo in the back!