Neo Cd games in Hi-Fi?

neomonkey

New Challenger
Can you put neo cd games in a hi fi cd player and able to listen to the audio tracks? (I know for a saturn you had to go to track 2 due to track 1 having the game data)
If the answer is yes to the above question, does this work for all games?

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Yes it will work with any game that has cd music (pretty much all of them)... and yes, in most cd players you would be well advised to skip track 1 :)

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
One question:

does all the music come in a single track, no. 2???. That would suck if you want to listen to it in your stereo, wouldn't it?

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Kazuya_UK:
Yes it will work with any game that has cd music (pretty much all of them)... and yes, in most cd players you would be well advised to skip track 1 :)
what happens if you don't skip? would it ruin the player?

†B†V†

ashram

CompUSA-4-Life, ,
probably just your ears, and speakers, as you'll get a LOUD scratch-type digital sound.... really annoying.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
It depends... I'm not sure about NeoCD games in question (I don't generally listen to them on audio players).

Some players will skip the track, some players will just play silence, some players will stop, other players will try and play the data and well, it's not a very pleasant sound. If you are determined to play the data track make sure you reduce the volume. wink

All PCEngine and Turbo CD's have track one as warning track in the front and some of them are actually pretty funny. (If I remember correctly Dracula X have the voice actors for Maria and Richter talking and yelling at each other. :p I think the Working Designs have this robotic voice telling you to stop or you could blow your speakers... Some of the older US games will have the Japanese warning track on them actually. :p )

I believe in most cases the NeoCD's audio tracks will be seperated on their own tracks. There are a few games that don't have audio tracks. (I think Puzzle Bobble is one.)

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
ashram:
probably just your ears, and speakers, as you'll get a LOUD scratch-type digital sound.... really annoying.
lol

mine is just silent :)

my computer Cd player just skips the track...

†B†V†

Chatterer

Rugal's Thug
One thing i never understood was why did they bring out Soundtracks for games that were available on Neo CD?