Want to use my dreamcast agetec on PC

WhyBee

n00b
3 years back I bought a supergun and dreamcast agetec controller from D-Lite and am happy with it. I was wondernig if there's a way I can get my agetec controller to be used on my PC for gaming. I've tried searching around for an arcade to usb converter with no luck and noticed that the jamma controller uses the standard Neo-Geo 15 pin controller which is the same as the PC gameport! I was wondering if I could just plug my controller into the 15 pin gameport on my PC and have it work or will I need to find a properly converter?

november

n00b
Will someone please tell me why the fuck I'm unable to create a post? this is starting to get really fucking annoying.

I have an issue where the component out on my Neo isn't working, I get diagonal lines that run across the screen. Apparently the Neo + component don't work on some tv's I was told. Feel free to let me know if this is the case, it's pretty disappointing :(.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
WhyBee said:
3 years back I bought a supergun and dreamcast agetec controller from D-Lite and am happy with it. I was wondernig if there's a way I can get my agetec controller to be used on my PC for gaming. I've tried searching around for an arcade to usb converter with no luck and noticed that the jamma controller uses the standard Neo-Geo 15 pin controller which is the same as the PC gameport! I was wondering if I could just plug my controller into the 15 pin gameport on my PC and have it work or will I need to find a properly converter?
You'll need a converter. The easiest way is to find the pinout of the Neo connector, then find the matching plug, and use a cheap USB gamepad as a converter (solder the wires/pins to the button contacts).

WhyBee

n00b
SpamYouToDeath said:
You'll need a converter. The easiest way is to find the pinout of the Neo connector, then find the matching plug, and use a cheap USB gamepad as a converter (solder the wires/pins to the button contacts).

Damn, was hoping I could just use the gameport, I have no idea how to solder or even modify the a cheap usb gamepad. Is there any place that I can buy a converter or even someone on this board that will modify my agetec for me for a small fee?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What happened to the PCB inside the stick?

WhyBee

n00b
Xian Xi said:
What happened to the PCB inside the stick?
I dunno anything about what the PCB is supposed to look like. So here's a picture of the PCB and wires and the actual plug/port of the controller

IMG_4939.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

if you need a better shot of a certain area, let me know!