My first deal with NGF... Who's playing games?

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
----- Original Message -----
To: dion@neogeofreak.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 4:01 PM
Subject: Metal Slug 3, mark of the wolves

Hi Dion,

I am a big fan of Neogeo (the poor fan) since my childhood. But, I recently disappointed with preorder system on Buyrite video games.
I recently browse around and find The"NEO GEO FREAK SITE". And this site offer 269 for metal Slug 3 (if preorder around 4/2000). I preordered at buyrite with ($268.50) on 4/7/00. But, they recently call me and raise the price to 329. They tell me the raising price is due to stop production in U.S.A so they have to get it from japan. I kind of feel fishy about this but I accepted anyway so I payed about 70 dollars more in total. Do you know anything about this? It is really no english version? Does it make sense they increase the price for me?
Would you please let me know?
I really really envy (amaze and respect) with your collection.

I always have to save before buying neo carts. I missed Mark of the wolves (I don't have enough savings for that on that time). My plan is to use my Metal Slug 3 to trade one Mark of the wolves(any version). It's been more than two month searching for one but I only find it on ebay (I have to pay at least freaking $500).

Do you know anyone who wants to sell Mark of the wolves (with fair price about $400) or trade with Metal slug 3?

Please, let me know.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Andy
shdsan@hotmail.com

When you get your Slug 3, you can send it to me and pay the extra $50 and
I'll send you the US version.

thanks,
Dion http://members.aol.com/dkd4/dionsneo.html

-------------------------------------------

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Before I start on my opinions, I want your opinion.

What do you guys think I am asking?
Mark of the wolves or Metal Slug?

Is my request confusing?

I want to know your opinion before I continue...

So please provide opinion on:
1. What is my request assuming you are Dion and reading this e-mail?
2. What do you think on Dion's reply? If you were me, what is your reaction?

[This message has been edited by asam79 (edited October 07, 2000).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
Originally posted by asam79:
Do you know anyone who wants to sell Mark of the wolves (with fair price about $400) or trade with Metal slug 3?

You are clearly asking for Mark of the Wolves. However, Dion does not state was he is offering you. If his email was in response to your email you posted above, then you would assume he is offering the U.S. version of MotW. However, common sense tells me this is not the case. Using deductive logic, he is offering NGF MS3.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yep I feel the same way as you do on this Shawn. Asam is clearly asking for Mark of the Wolves, Dion only hears what he wants or read what he wants then he distorts it in his on little way. That guy has a serious screw loose.

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yep,

Thanks for opinios.
I agree with you guys.
That's why I still assume this is my mistake.

But, I AM D**M sure, he did this on purpose.

The results:
After I sent my jpn MS 3, and I am still very happy that I am thinking I am getting US Garou.
He got My jpn MS 3 on June 13th

This is the his reply e-mail whether he already ship the cart (after about 4 days I got no reply):
Note: please, read it from the bottom

Not yet.
I will soon.
Why are you so impatient?

thanks,

To: Dion Dakis
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: Metal Slug 3, Mark of the Wolves

Hi,
Have you send the cart yet?
let me know.
Thank you
Have a nice weekend

Andy
To: Andy Sam
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 7:34 PM

Yes it came today.
I will be sending it this weekend.

thanks,

My answer:
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 7:27 PM

I am not being impatient. I just want verification that you already shipped so I can predict the time I will receive the item. I am just asking if you could.
I have to make sure someone will be at home at the time of shipment.
The postman typically is just dropping the package (even with delivery confirmation, except it is insured or something) in front of my door (I usually will be home by 8:00 p.m).
I am afraid the item will be lost.
I am sorry...

Andy

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I can't find the proof when I got the cart from him. But, I remembered he did not keep his promised (sending on the weekend) but sending it two weeks after. He delayed in other words.

Anyway,
After hoping and so happy that he did sent the games (provide me delivery confirmation #).

What I got is MY OWN MS 3 BACK with the insert and sticker change to NGF (home made).
Claiming US version ????

What is your reaction if you were me?

Of course, you will think "what the h**l"

So, I do not get US Garou.
I do not get US MS 3.
and I GOT a home made MS 3 in which comes from my OWN jpn MS 3 that is destroyed.

And the sticker is glued a bit mess (not neat at all).

Anyway, I want to stop talk about this first deal. Let's draw conclusion on this experience.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
If I were you I would for one thing demand my money back and second I would be wanting a Mark of the Wolves or your Metal Slug 3 back. Why in the hell would you send him the extra fifty bucks and then get your same game back. Its like you paid him to sign his autograph on your game or something. That guy is absolutely sick. And to say why are you so impatient is a sure sign of a bad seller. Any seller should know that a buyer wants the product and wants that product as soon as possible. WHAT AN ASSHOLE !!!

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My opinion on Dion:

1. He likes playing words. He knew it and he thinks he is a smart ass.

What should we do to avoid:
1. WRITE AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE AND BE SPECIFIC and DETAIL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE if you are dealing with NGF.

I remember he keeps deleting/changing the e-mail: "subject" to only Metal Slug 3.
And I keep adding Mark of the Wolves on the subject.

So, it is so obvious that he knew it that I want US Garou.
He did it on purpose.
He just want to get $50 from me.
And it cost me not only $50.
I send the MS 3 $8 (insured + delivery confirmation).

He did that by just ruining my jpn MS 3 to NGF MS 3. there you go, he got $50 by ruining someone's home cart.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I agree, but because I know the Nature f Dion, he was only wantting to take your insert, and give the fake one in place... (that will raise your cartridge value if you want to resell... HEH... yeah, show me ONE auction where NGF item went for more than the compairative same title).

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Gambit,

You want to hear the consequences on the deal.

Yes, he called and ask me to send the NGF MS 3 back and offer me that he could find Garou (any version). I just have to pay additional $100. (since he valued NGF MS 3 $350) and you know I already spend $408 for MS 3 ($350 to buyrite + $58 to Dion).

I am in desperate situation on getting Garou. So I accept the deal and send back NGF MS3 + $100.

What a fool am I...

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Desperation makes us do foolish things I guess, but you shouldn't feel to bad because he could have raped you for alot more than that. Just feel lucky he didn't screw you out of more then a hundred dollars. But it is still money and every dollar has its value. So a rip is a rip and I don't care how much it is, it just isn't right and especially when this con artist knows how nice people are in this hobby and takes advantage of them. It makes me sick. Rot in hell Dion.

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Anyway,

He got this $100 and back NGF MS 3.

For some reason I got smarter and feel fishy on Dion, so I just want to deal with something else (I talked to him over the phone). $450 is my credit...
He mentioned he got many home carts for sale.

And the price (when he sent the list). You know... Expensive.

Well,
I got jpn RB2 ($220) and Jpn KOF 98 ($250).
he discounted me $20.
Well, I think it's a fair deal.

But the Jpn KOF 98 box are broken...when I got it. $250 for just an excellent jpn KOF 98 and the box broken... (not just a little broken but pretty long tear)

He mention it is due to shipping.

Hell no, I am sure he exchange the box.
He bubble wrap the home cart and a pretty decent packing.
It is no way the box damaged due to shipping.

Anyway, that's my first deal with Dion.
I ignore him for a while (maybe about 3 months).

Thanks for reading...

Andy

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I hope my story helps many Neo fans.

I still have a second round on my deal with NGF.
But, I think i will stop here since with this deal, we already know "Dion" business practice. In fact, it proves it and verified what many people said about NGF.

Spread the words...

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well asam what can I say but to stop sending the devil himself all of your money
smile.gif

Next time you are looking for a game just post it here in the forums and I'm sure someone will know where to get it.

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited October 07, 2000).]

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks, Gambit.

I hope this will also help Keith.
I am still hoping Keith will get his carts.

If not,
Hope, Keith will be the last person to be ripped off by NGF.

I can't take it hearing more more rip-off story from NGF...
It got to stop

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Asam please inlighten us with your other deal. I would love to hear it. Also I would like to know how this soap opera plays out
smile.gif

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Gambit,

Well,
It is longer story. Thus, more points to be discussed. And I already feel a bit tired.
I want to write more but my eyes...
starting feeling a bit hard to open

I think I need sleep.

Maybe, tomorrow night?
Not promise but I will try...

I think I already mentioned briefly in Mouse_master thread (Ultimatum to NGF).
But, it is very brief and just the middle part.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
A nice in depth explanation would be great on your second deal, I hope you decide to type it up for all of us.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Just curious, why do you show such repeated interest in hearing of bad deals with "NGF?" Do you really gain anything from being told of them?

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I just find it interesting and informative for other people to know what they are dealing with. Also it appears that asam might need some information or help and I would like to help and give advice to anyone who needs it. So please if you don't like what is going on in this little topic then don't read it or if you see any of my topics don't read them. Its really none of your business or concern what I gain from what I read.

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
He is just a little instigator. He likes to spark up controversy and start agruements. Contrary to what Gambit says, this type of behavior does not help people or contribute to the Neo community. It just starts flame wars (which is what he wants).

He is also trying to start up that whole NeoAlec controvery again too.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
If you guys would mind your own business everything would be just fine. Its not like you guys have to read anything I post anyway.
If you don't like it don't read it. I hate cry babies like you Smoke. So what if I'm an instigator, that doesn't matter one bit. So what if I want to show everyone how pathetic NGF is, its none of your business. I was curious to what happened with Neo Alec because Billkwando was telling me about it in the Chat Room and I wanted to know what the whole story was so I don't know what your problem with me is Smoke but I would be happy to resolve it
smile.gif

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Whoa calm down Gambit. Don't take it so personal. I am just disagreeing with your response to Neo Bomberman. I believe that instigating or prolonging conflict on bulliten boards is unconstructive and doesn't really help people. You stick out as one of the people who seems to enjoy flame wars.

As for minding my own business, I thought this was a public discussion board?

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Maybe I enjoy controversy
smile.gif

And just because something like Neo Alec is old news to you it might be new to me so don't be selfish in thinking that everyone knows about this stuff.

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
folks,

The real reason I post back my deal again are:
1. To help Keith. I still hoping that NGF will complete the deal with him by reading this topics. Well, they don't seem to care about their reputation anymore.

2. I promise to post it before if the deal with Keith is not complete.
And it looks like my postings do not help at all.

I have been in the middle of war between NGF before. I am not just trying to help Keith, I want NGF to start realizing what they did.
And change on their "business practices". They maybe smart but they are selfish.

I read a lot about them (NGF) in this forum and many complaints about them.
and I am one of the people who's trying to end it. Not creating another war. I am in neutral side. Even after all what NGF have done to my deal.
I am sure we are tired of it.

Anyway, thanks for everybody who read this post. Hope, it will help not creating any other war.

For NGF,
Please do change. Don't blow any more deal. We are neo fans and I am sure you are (NGF)too. We should be together talk about other things (e.g. the games, gameplay, etc) not just talk about bad deal and people being rip-off.

Anyway, I am dunno. If my actions and words do help, I will continue do postings and provide my insight and suggestion. If not helping at all, I will not join any conversation about NGF anymore and provide my info. Who like being in this position. Trying to be neutral as much as possible but I lost my credibility to NGF (I could not do Neo deal with them anymore) and to maybe Neo community (who disagree with me).
I am done dealing with them (NGF) for now.
Who knows in future.

I am not here to draw argument or war.
I am sorry if I am causing trouble.
Thanks again to everybody read my postings and provide opinions.

Andy

[This message has been edited by asam79 (edited October 09, 2000).]