Shivering RGB picture

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi,

ok, I cant fix this myself since i dont know where to start. Perhaps some of the tech guys around can help me fix the following problem:

If I connect my Hyper64 I get a shivering picture. This does not happen if I connect my PGM, MVS or SF2 PCB. Especially patterns like shown below are flickering a lot:

---------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

"X" = white
" " = background (black)
---------------------

Those patterns are taken from the Hyper Test Menu, upper left corner and middle of each horizontal edge. These two flicker like hell. In game you doesnt notice it that much but it is really annoying. Please help or give some tips where to start.

Greets

Dennis

<small>[ March 09, 2003, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: apus ]</small>

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I wonder if its to do with horizontal sync stability, what happens if you adjust the horizontal hold on the monitor.
With jamma boards Ive noticed the h frequency sometimes needs tweeking after switching board sets. Maybe thats the case with H64 ?

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi,

hm, I have to access the test menu to try that out. No Arcade Monitor here :) . Will try to find out how to access it on my TV later.

I visited a friend of mine and luckily(?) the same happens on his TV (he didnt notice it much before I told him) with another Hyper. Does the Hyper use the exact same resolution as the MVS? (304 x 224)

Greets

Dennis