Sold Slug Boot as Copy, but now

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Here we go,

After selling the boot metal slug as an ATTENTION NOT AN ORIGINAL copy for 150 bucks on ebay. I now believe selling the cart was a bad idea. After reviewing this buyers feedback, it appears that he may have tried to pass off boot carts as originals before. I hope that it this buyer does not try to pass the one off that I just sold him to some unsuspecting ebayer. Maybe I should have thrown this cart away instead of re selling it as a boot.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Once you have sold the game and it is out of your hands there is nothing more you can do. You did the honest thing and hopefully the winner of the cart will do the same.

Starks out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
By the bid amount I am guessing you are talking about an NGH cart and not MVS.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Xian Xi said:
By the bid amount I am guessing you are talking about an NGH cart and not MVS.

Yeah thats right, the US Metal Slug Convertion.

Merry Christmas and have a happy new year.

Starks out.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
To be honest,I would not mind owning one myself....After hearing about these MS conversions so much ...
Metal Slug is my favorite series..
I'm never going to shell out for an original,those days in my mind of spending are gone.
I'd not mid having a Metal Slug conversion in my AES collection.
Because even if it's fake.Anyone who comes here would have no clue if it was real or not..they's just want to play,check it out...(though it have it on MVS)
I'd just like to see it in my collection/no matter fake and play it on my AES..

$150.00 bucks would of been good for me,Shit..I was curiuos as to what the going rate was..
I was thinking $250-$300.00:conf:

TLH

Zero's Secretary
I don't know if I would pay anything for a boot....

Not to be a snob or anything, but the joy in owning the neo geo aes carts for me is collecting and not playing them. I rarely play the actual aes carts. I own most of the games in cd format, and mvs. Playing neo games is still a favorite past time, but collecting real vintage video games is what I enjoy the most. I have lots of sealed games that I have never opened, and many aes carts that I wouldn't dare play for fear of insertion marks. Some would probably consider this crazy. Anyway, I doubt seriously if I would ever consider buying a boot intentionally. As far as price goes, I think somewhere between 150 -200 is what sellers are getting on ebay for labled converion carts with no instructions. TLH - Hope everyone had a good holiday

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wouldn't classify a conversion as a boot per se. I think of them as being in a class of their own. Not an original, but also not a boot (since they use real chips from the MVS version). Basically most conversions are worth around $150-$180 because of the parts required to make them.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
TLH said:
Some would probably consider this crazy.

Yep games are meant to be played in my opinion, though each to his own I guess. I surpose I will never fully understand collectors way of thinking.

Starks out.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
tony_starks said:
Yep games are meant to be played in my opinion, though each to his own I guess. I surpose I will never fully understand collectors way of thinking.

Starks out.

me neither,

I buy games to play the games

drunk topher out:drool:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think that people on this board should make an effort to not use the term "boot" when talking about MVS to AES conversions, especially in subject lines. Just to keep the terminology easier to follow.

Even though, yes, I do agree, if you're attempting to pass off something as original that is not, then technically it is a "bootleg" compared to the original. But on this board the term "bootleg" usually means a completely unauthorized version of a game without original chips. Calling them "conversions" keeps things so much more clear.