Battery Replacement and Cleaning Guide

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
The 6 slot and the 4 slot use the same battery - looks like a stack of coins.

The problem is that you can use a standard PC looking barrel-on-its-side type battery to replace it on the 4 slot but NOT on the 6 slot. The reason is the 4 slot top board has no IC pins sticking down over the area of the battery so that replacement battery just barely fits. With the 6 slot top board there are pins sticking down from the ICs above and that will cause a short circuit when they pierce the insulation on the battery.

RJ

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
gotcha... so a bottom-mount on a 6-slot will work just fine.

thanks!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Great guide, thanks for the effort you put into it. I'm sure others, as well as myself will find this very useful.

raindog151

n00b
cheers

i finally got up the nerve to do this today, and thanks to your guide things went swimmingly well. thanks to you and all the other guys here who help the unenlightened such as i.

cheers,

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
raindog151 said:
i finally got up the nerve to do this today, and thanks to your guide things went swimmingly well. thanks to you and all the other guys here who help the unenlightened such as i.

cheers,

hey! a local! glad to hear it went well! also glad to hear the guide has been useful!

XYXZYZ

New Challenger
The link is dead... is this information anywhere else?

Or, is there more to it than "get a 3.6V rechargeable phone battery and solder + to + and - to - on the MVS board"?

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
XYXZYZ said:
The link is dead... is this information anywhere else?

Or, is there more to it than "get a 3.6V rechargeable phone battery and solder + to + and - to - on the MVS board"?

My provider is moving hosts right now... should only be down a few hours.

It is that simple assuming you have a board that uses a 3.6V.

TheAvatar

n00b
This is the guild I used this past weekend for my 6 sloter !

wired from the buttom with about 1.5 feet of wire and mounted to my control panel on the inside ! best part was the cordles phone battery was on sale at Radio shack !

Thankz !

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
TheAvatar said:
This is the guild I used this past weekend for my 6 sloter !

wired from the buttom with about 1.5 feet of wire and mounted to my control panel on the inside ! best part was the cordles phone battery was on sale at Radio shack !

Thankz !

:buttrock: