Hi! I'm new!

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
And I'm a forum addict so expect to see a lot of me until I add the site to my work filter.

I grew up a video-game junkie WITHOUT NES. Yeah, I was a bad kid and the 'rents refused to get it for me. In lieu of an NES, I became a PC gamer WAY back in the day. We had an Atari and a Commodore 64 that I used to plug code in to... Until the 360, I still considered myself a PC gamer.

I did the SNES thing, the PS1 thing, finally bought an NES in ~2000, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360, Dreamcast (wish I had been on this earlier), and just picked up an MVS 4-slotter.

As far as the MVS goes, I plan on swapping out WH2:Jet for Baseball Stars 2 in the immediate future. The cab itself is in OK shape and the monitor has great color, but the chassis is magnetized so I was forced to throw some small magnets on it to neutralize that. I plan to take the innards home this extended weekend for a thorough cleaning. I'll take apart the actual box, check the battery, clean all connections (q-tip and rubbing alcohol), and use a ton of canned air.

Any other tips for a newbie? This is my first cab...

Oh yeah, I live in Arlington, VA. In my spare time I run and instruct high performance driving school :loco: If anybody is in the area or know of good contacts (shops, repairs, etc), please share!

Last edited: