Neo CDZ I/O error

Marek

Banned
"I/O error Type 1. Please power off."

This unit came in the mail 2 days ago. Bought from bibliophile.

This has all the makings for a really miserable situtation... What should I do?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I don't have one of these...

But I'd try to make sure all the connections going into the unit are all theway in.clean and making good contact.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have to ask...

Are you using legit games or CDR copies?

Although, code 3 is the copy protection trigger, not code 1. Let me dig and see what that code actually is.

*edit*

Code 1 is for scratched/dirty disc or lense. Cleaning the laser or following the instructions below should do the trick. I think it's Code 2 that you're screwed on.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
First before you do anything that envolves opening the system, check with the seller and make sure he is ok with this.

If you open up the system and take out the cd laser assembly underneath it you will see a small orange screw. You can turn this ever so slightly in a clockwise direction and it should fix the error. I had to do this with both of my neo cds, but they worlked flawlessly afterwards. Just do turn it to much or you can mess up the laser. Hope this helps

-dz

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sometimes its just a dirty lens that can be cleaned with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Do it very gently, like when you deflower a virgin. :eye: :eye:

claymin

Rugal's Thug
Xian Xi said:
Sometimes its just a dirty lens that can be cleaned with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Do it very gently, like when you deflower a virgin. :eye: :eye:

very vivid description right there. :lolz: makes perfect sense (seriously).

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
The Populous... said:
"I/O error Type 1. Please power off."

This unit came in the mail 2 days ago. Bought from bibliophile.

This has all the makings for a really miserable situtation... What should I do?

Xian Xi said:

I tested this before I sent it, and it worked fine. Here are the photos:

IMG_1539.jpg

Sam sho 3
IMG_1542.jpg

KOF 94
IMG_1543.jpg

Probably some dust or dirt got on the lens, so try Xian Xi's suggestion to clean the lens. Let me know how it turns out. Thanks.