Modding a Japanese NGH System

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
I am getting a Japanese NGH System in the next few days with a serial in the 149,xxx Range. Will an S-Video Mod really help the picture out on the serial range? I have read that on some models it will and on other models it is not a big difference. Thanks!

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Hi,
It's more about the TV you're playing on that makes the difference. Now, I don't think the higher serialk number of your Neo should make any difference. Technically they are all identical. However if you're playing on an older TV it makes sense that the Svideo definition is a lot less apparent than for a newer set which support Svideo better. So it all depends on the age of your TV set, not of your Neo (as far as I know...)

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
The serial number does make a difference. The early systems had a very sharp but somewhat darker RGB output and the more recent systems had a brighter but more pixelated look. For S-VIDEO, the early systems will generally look better.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
Wan-Fu, what about my NGH System with the serial number of 149,xxx? Also, I have a 32 inch Toshiba (bought in 1995) it is going on.

Thanks!

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
I am not sure about your SN. I have tested the RGB from three systems in the past month and here is the result:

58K - sharp but dark
237K - bright but pixelated
336K - bright but pixelated

If you know someone with an XRGB device, I suggest you take it over to them and try out your system before permanently modifying it.