If 1st board is 100% legit, 2nd board might be a boot ?

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Hi,

I have just received two MVS games carts, bought as 100% SNK originals.

I have still not open them, but I have checked them from the oustide ( one has a green transparent cart case, and the other one through the ventilation holes ), and I have seen that first board and chips are 100% legit for both carts ( Toshiba Chips, with the right NGH number on every chip, and board from SNK ).

Cases and stickers are the same as the ones in pictures from this forums, so that is OK too.

My question is, it could even be possible for the second board to be a not original one ( or its chips ), if the one I have seen is 100% original ?

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
I'd have thought it would be original, but if there is anything odd about the boards, don't worry as it may just be an official repair job.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Games are Prehistoric Isle 2, and Strikers 1945 plus.

Both carts have one green board ( which is the one I have been able to check from outside the cart case ) and a grey board.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
I finally have opened both carts, and the second board is 100% legit too ( and of course, the chips ).

Board, NGH number, etc., all legit.

I really supposed it, as I would not understand one board 100% legit, and the other one a boot..... that would be at least a 50% legit cart !

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The only board I have seen 50% boot was a blazing star. The CHA board was legit but the entire PROG board was fake. SMDs and everything, I thought it was extremely odd as well so I returned that bastard.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
So chips and NGH number for the legit board of your Blazing Star were all 100% legit ?

And the other one ( board, chips, and so on ) were fake ?

Why do you think this was done ?

Is sounds really strange.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My guess would be someone had a legit cart that went bad, but didn't have the means to do a repair. So, they bought a bootleg and replaced that one board instead.

That's what I would do. (although I wouldn't sell it as a 100% legit cart!)

I also got a cart recently (KOF 2001 I think) that had different colored boards. Popped it open, all was legit. How strange.