Neo-Geo.com mentioned in new 1up article.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
There is, however, a very delicate line between "inspiration" and "rip-off." In 1993, a fighting game called Fighter's History hit the arcades, and its backgrounds, character designs, and sound effects were curiously familiar. Capcom took Data East to court, an amusing gesture considering Street Fighter's core gameplay was ultimately based on Data East's own Karate Champ. Capcom lost the lawsuit, and though Fighter's History couldn't shake its reputation as a Street Fighter rip-off, it had enough of a cult following to warrant a sequel: Fighter's History Dynamite: Karnov's Revenge. The game was about as mediocre as its predecessor, according to a review on NeoGeo.com: "Nothing flashy, nothing terrible, nothing great. Just an old school fighter for hardcore fighter fans and fans of Mid-90's clones."
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=4&cId=3164853
this is from their street fighter coverage.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
lol, woot woot, I guess :mr_t:

I remember writing that FHD review... man, it's been 6 years since? 5? Sheesh. I still enjoy the bloody series, blast the critics to heck.

The SNES port of the original is pretty damn accurate. I played it last year for the 1st time in 12 years. Hell, I popped it in for a go about 2 weeks ago. Holds up pretty well even today IMO

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Steve said:
lol, woot woot, I guess :mr_t:

I remember writing that FHD review... man, it's been 6 years since? 5? Sheesh. I still enjoy the bloody series, blast the critics to heck.

The SNES port of the original is pretty damn accurate. I played it last year for the 1st time in 12 years. Hell, I popped it in for a go about 2 weeks ago. Holds up pretty well even today IMO

Congrats man...

I know the feeling...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
erm...... Steve's review's are nice but his perspective I've always considered quite suspect - no offence.

it's a really good game.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
FHD is fantastic, you goons

top ten fighters on the neo easy :emb: