Help I think I am a victim of bootleg fraud

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Is anyone out there who is an authority on bootleg copies of metal slug. I believe that I am a victim of a scam. I purchased a collection of neo AES games on ebay, only to find out that the Metal Slug AES ( the reason for the expensive purchase and early inquiries) appears to be a bootleg. Simpy put, it just doesn't look right to me. The insert is not quite as glossy, and it was the only game out of 30+ that was missing its instruction book. All of the other games appear complete and have instructions.

What should I do to authenticate this cart? Is there an authority out there that can help? Further, I remember something about an electronic check with the uni bios. Does anyone know how to check the game electronically.

Thanks neo guys in advance for any help

TLH

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Hi,
Usually when the instructions are missing especially for metal slug it is not a good sign. If you could post some pics of the cart and the insert that would help to determine if you have a bootleg/conversion. You would get a better response if you post this in the Boot or No Boot section.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Thanks good suggestions

As I am new to the forum, I was unaware that there is section called boot or no boot. I will take some pics and post - thanks again

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
eBay?
You are the owner of a converted AES Metal Slug cartridge.
I hate it when obvious detail is omitted from the description.
BB

Last edited:

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
TLH said:
As I am new to the forum, I was unaware that there is section called boot or no boot. I will take some pics and post - thanks again

Yes, it is a sub-forum of the Tech Support Forum. If you post pics there, someone wil tell you if it is a conversion or not (which it most likely is).

november

n00b
What's so bad about a conversion anyways? I assume it's an MVS cart placed in a regular cart casing and the pinout changed, yes? Just curious, I mean if conversions were going for cheap or something it probably wouldn't be so bad either, eh?

.trunzx

n00b
november said:
What's so bad about a conversion anyways? I assume it's an MVS cart placed in a regular cart casing and the pinout changed, yes? Just curious, I mean if conversions were going for cheap or something it probably wouldn't be so bad either, eh?

If you just want to play the game theres nothing wrong with it, if you collect them however its not very desirable.