Dreamcast's output

kiun

Zero's Tailor
I dunno why but my dreamcast's output doesnt show a perfect border... you know wat i mean...one border is straight while the other one seems ovalish....
anybody knows wats the problem?
are your dreamcast like this too?

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Ya my dreamcast seems fine when booting up but when it gets into the actual games it puts like black bars on both side of the picture. I don't know if this is because the Dreamcast has crappy video or if it is my system. I'm gonna try an svideo cable and if that doesn't fix it I'm getting another dreamcast.

kiun

Zero's Tailor
exactly... i dont think the s-video helps anyway.... any other dreamcasts owners here??

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Originally posted by jbeedham:
<strong>Ya my dreamcast seems fine when booting up but when it gets into the actual games it puts like black bars on both side of the picture. I don't know if this is because the Dreamcast has crappy video or if it is my system. I'm gonna try an svideo cable and if that doesn't fix it I'm getting another dreamcast.</strong><hr></blockquote>

just got an s-video cable in the mail from nyko, i'm gonna try it now i'll be back in a sec

playboycougar

Reese. ,
no the sides are still there but man i really recomend these cables, they make the games so crisp!

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Hey can anyone do an s-video mod on the dreamcast. I bet that would fix the problem and make it look a lot better.

My DC video is pristine, and I use either the official SVideo cable, or official VGA box.

My bet on the funny border is the TV.

Brent