aes memory card help!!

Willis_vdv

n00b
Hi guys, i dont know whats up but i just got a memory card today for my neo geo which i bought 2 months ago and it doesnt work. I dont know if its the console or my card. I bought the card as new old stock and i believe its reliable but i think its my console. When i put it to format it doesnt read my card is in the console. It says insert card and press a. Well i put the card in and press a but nothing happens. Why wont it read my card? Is it the console??

Willis_vdv

n00b
its the original memory card model the one before the marble design. I got one screen i just say now when i tried to format that the card is "write protected". Whats that supposed to mean, and i only got that by pushing and keeping the card in the slot..

Willis_vdv

n00b
alright another update...i think its formatted now and it saved my name...but this is when im holding the card in the slot and pushing up on it. The second i let go of the card it says insert card...Is this a figgity memory card or is my aes screwed up..?

Willis_vdv

n00b
alright i think it works now i clean the inside of the neo geo memory card slot and it reads my card now but umm...yeah how are you supposed to save:P. Im new to this neo geo business and i dont see any save screen pop up after i beat a level.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Hi,

Normally games detecting the memory cart, would ask you for saving or not when a game is finished.

When I recently received my Neo, I didn't manage to make my memory cart to work, but finally I found it was I didn't plug the memory cart until the end, so a little "click" could be heared.

Once done, it worked flawlessly.

Willis_vdv

n00b
yeah thanks for the info! i finally got that click sound as well and now it works. I just thought you could save inbetween levels but now i see you can only save once you run out of credit.