pc engine convertor

jason25

n00b
Has anyone else bought the new pc engine converter that they sell at turbo zone direct? I bought one and I only have one pc engine game and it didn't work! It could be the game though because it looks a bit worn out, so I am gonna have to get a brand new pc engine game to see if the converter works. The thing I wanna know has anybody else had any problems with this new converter? I hope mine is not defective?

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
Wow, that's an ugly converter they sell. I used to have a smaller brown one. But yours may not work because there may be a thin film over the contacts of the converter.
If not, just modify your system so it switches back and forth between countries. The schematics can be found at <a href="http://www.massystems.com" target="_blank">www.massystems.com</a>
It's not that difficult if you can solder.

whitey

NEST Puppet
I got one of these converters too and it is a pain in the ass to get it to work...actually I only got it to work once. Anyone know the trick to get this damn thing to work?

whitey

NEST Puppet
ok, I figured out how to get the converter to work everytime. Do not insert the converter all the way into the socket. Push the converter into the socket all the way and then back it out just a little. When I do this it works everytime.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
wow...what a waste of money.

a pcengine can be had for less than half that.

glad i never bought one and just got a pcengine instead.

whitey

NEST Puppet
you are correct.......I guess the only reason I wanted a converter was to use it with my Express.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Yeah, I talked to the guy at TZD and he was very honest about the "Mirai" converter, saying it was "OK", but had problems with the Arcade Card Duo for some reason.

Nothing quite like a good ol' Kisado.... Too bad they'll run ya $125-150