I have the bios chip, when I try to play KOF 96, it comes up with a message

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I have a debug bios chip, which allows to change game setting from language and from MVS/AES. All of my games, work under MVS mode, except KOF 96 and Fatal Fury 3, and when I load those games on the MVS setting, and this message comes up "This rom cartridge is for use of the SNK original boards." Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

deffty

Kula's Candy
In 1996;
SNK discover that some Arcade operator is using AES home setup with debug bios in their arcade machine (which is cheaper compare to MVS prices.)

They put these red warning words whenever you try to boot up in MVS mode for games in 1996. eek_2

Games below 1996 had no effect, the only way is to change inside the game (when the game start).
No way to bypass that boot up screen, maybe unibios(home version) will solve that in the future.
:cool:

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Boot up in AES mode, and wait for the how to play screen.
Then enter the debug menu and switch to MVS, and voila!
You'll be playing in MVS mode. :)

Jedite

Bunker Buster
KOF 96 works in AES mode, but, I try to boot it up in MVS mode, it comes with that message, I have tried Daklighterx's idea, but whenever I press select+a to insert more coins, that message suddenly appears and stays like that. I asked Shawn of Neo-Geo.com, and he says that he encountered no such problem and couldn't help me. Great, Grand, Wonderful! So, there's no way I can in MVS mode for KOF 96? Fuck! This sux! very_ang

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Jedite ]</small>

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Also, I cannot use my memory card ever since I got the bios chip, do I need a certain memory card, in enable to use it? Because I went to the memory card screen in the bios menu, it said "insert 1M memory card." Do I need a 1M memory card? I can't use my 2K memory card that I currently have? I jus' wanna play on MVS mode and have unlimited continues and kick some ass! Goddamnit! very_ang

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Jedite ]</small>

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I did manage to get the KOF 96 MVS to work, but, you have to start it in AES mode, and wait till says "How to play" and switch it. But,the settings take after AES settings.(for instance, if you have the setting on AES on Normal, then the diffculty will be on normal) I think that is totally stupid! If ya get game over, then, it says that stupid-ass message! That's whole reason why I got the debug bios chip because I wanted to play on MVS mode, and fell the full arcade experience. That is more gay than Quier as Folk! If the chip makes you do all that bullshit, why did they make a bios chip? Plus, my memory card don't work! Do I need a special memory card? Shawn on Neo-Geo.com either lied to me when he said "He never encountered such a problem." or something I'm not doing right. I think my cries of help, is being called on deaf ears. Can someone help a brother out here? PLEASE!!!!!! annoyed

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Jedite ]</small>

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I feel like a total dumbass! The memory card is working now, and I don't think I can do anything bout' that MVS thing. That sux... :D