MVS owners: what to you run your +5V DC at ?

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I have an MVS cabinet with a MV-1C and games will not run properly with anything less than 5.2V. I get graphical glitches and random resets. Just curious if anyone else here has to bump their +5VDC in order to get their MVS running properly.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Um, this is going to sound silly.. but I run my +5 at 5.00. Right on the nose, anything higher or lower will create flashing pixels in some games (Puzzle Bobble, King of Fighters 2000, and ROTD). So... 5.00 for me and nothing else... others have reported 5.2 works for them, but not for me,

-Nick

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
twalden:
I have an MVS cabinet with a MV-1C and games will not run properly with anything less than 5.2V. I get graphical glitches and random resets. Just curious if anyone else here has to bump their +5VDC in order to get their MVS running properly.
I've my +5VDC fairly close to 5 volts, i believe its at 5.1 - everything seems to be running fine.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Lagduf:
twalden:
I've my +5VDC fairly close to 5 volts, i believe its at 5.1 - everything seems to be running fine.
Please believe me on this, fairly close is not close enough sometimes. 5.2 seems to be a good reference setting. If the board doesnt boot then adjust the supply voltage until it does.
within reason buttrock

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Too low will not boot, too high will not boot also. some sraight jamma boardsets are the same.
Start at 5.2 imho
Good luck.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
I have yet to find a board (MVS or not) that doesn't work perfectly at 5 volts even. But even if I drop the voltage down to 4.80 or up to 5.40 the results are the same. So my experience seems to be quite different from toddy's... wink

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
MKL:
I have yet to find a board (MVS or not) that doesn't work perfectly at 5 volts even. But even if I drop the voltage down to 4.80 or up to 5.40 the results are the same. So my experience seems to be quite different from toddy's... wink
Same, except on CPS2... CPS2 runs fine above 5.0... drop below 4.8 and the fan spins down and the screen starts to flicker... hehe. It also depends a lot on the board. My 4 slot (which died) was very pickey... my 2 slot seems happy no matter what!

-Nick