KOF '94 coming to the vc/wii!! 900 points

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My personal favourite early era KOF game.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
I think its a game that gets overlooked a lot.

Starks out...

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
agreed, kof94 is fucking bo

from the pao pao cafe intro to the rugal first round music, this game is a fucking classic

no doubt.

Spoonman1

Overtop Pathfinder
Great news!! I hope they add Progresive Scan support on this one, as far as I know the VC versions of FF1, AOF and WH didn't support PS..dunno bout Magician Lord tough...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Yeah, KoF'94 doesnt get a lot of respect 'round these parts, and it has always mystified me. I still think it's fucking fantastic. Really excellent music and BGs that are better than most of the other KOF titles.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Yeah, KoF'94 doesnt get a lot of respect 'round these parts, and it has always mystified me. I still think it's fucking fantastic. Really excellent music and BGs that are better than most of the other KOF titles.

That is because the insert does not look as pretty, and people like the look of the newer hard plastic clamshell cases on their shelves over the vinyl ones. ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
KOF 94 is great! the most amazing part of it are the stages, they are just uncanny, Mexico all the way! Oh BTW Rober Garcia is latino period!:emb:

Spoonman1 said:
Great news!! I hope they add Progresive Scan support on this one, as far as I know the VC versions of FF1, AOF and WH didn't support PS..dunno bout Magician Lord tough...
that's true, but Rebout did and the classic mode does just as well.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Is it same to assume that VC games will never have any online play options?

Did that Hori fighting stick ever come out and did anyone try it yet?

SNKman

Mr. Big's Thug
Its out in japan because my local import shop has it but, I haven't tried it yet.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
OrochiEddie said:
nice, seems like they are sticking to classics only.

For now only... it'll be a matter of time before they get to the jucier stuff. I'd rather have SNK/P tke baby steps and get these older titles working efficiently on the VC before they go for Garou, KOF '98 or any of the big titles that would really draw people in. IMO, they have been doing well with the VC. Last thing they need now is another half-a**ed title that doesn't work well.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Out of all the crap they've released so for for Wii, this is the only title that I'm halfway interested in. Still don't like it, but it's getting warmer. 94, to me, is just crap. The voices sound like they recorded them with a computer mic from the games they stole. Listen to the AOF2 sounds recorded from a television in the same room. It's really bad. Recycled voices, too... like FF2's "perfect" voice. It wasn't until 95, and most certainly 96 that the series became it's own thing.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Out of all the crap they've released so for for Wii, this is the only title that I'm halfway interested in. Still don't like it, but it's getting warmer. 94, to me, is just crap. The voices sound like they recorded them with a computer mic from the games they stole. Listen to the AOF2 sounds recorded from a television in the same room. It's really bad. Recycled voices, too... like FF2's "perfect" voice. It wasn't until 95, and most certainly 96 that the series became it's own thing.
seriously?
all I know is that back when it came out it was the most amazing fighting game I had ever played thus far - and that was my favourite genre along with the beat 'em up. so many characters, so much variety, such fantastic detail every where. gosh.
I played the game every day for over a year on my AES (never too well though), got it as soon as it came out.
best 300 dollars I ever spent period.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
wasn't until '96 that i really got pulled into the kof series, which is funny since looking in retrospect '95 is a lot better gameplay wise. I think I'll skip 94 myself but I'll get 95 fo sho. (we all know they're going to go year by year)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
94 was a GREAT idea. I mean, what a killer fucking concept... but I didn't like how it was done. I think 95 was pretty damn cool, and when 96 came out it was killer. Don't get me started about one of the best fighters of all time (98)... so, because of all of this, it's hard for me to go back to 94, honestly. But, I do like the direction they're going. Bring out ANY sam sho game, and I'll be happy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's funny that this dream match game actually got its own series and storyline.
I bet no one back then picked the Japan team and thought it was cooler to pick the FF and AOF teams, haha...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
94 was so awesome on the CD too. Only one load per match and an awesome remixed soundtrack.

If I had a wii with a decent controller for this, I'd be there.

Kof94 is one of my absolute all time favourites. It has it's limitations and problems, but they are easily ignored in light of the pure awesomeness.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
It's funny that this dream match game actually got its own series and storyline.
I bet no one back then picked the Japan team and thought it was cooler to pick the FF and AOF teams, haha...

That's the whole reason that series was made, for those two teams to go at it. Japan Team? USA team? Lame... you had Ikari Warriors, Athena, AOF, Fatal Fury? That was an awesome idea at the time. Too bad with the later games they strayed from that.

ScumBum

n00b
How good do Neo Geo games run on the Wii compared with an actual Neo console? Anyone compare side by side ?