Burning Fight

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey guys,

Is Burning Fight any good? And is it good with 2players? It looks a bit like Double Dragon which I liked very mutch.

Cho

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
It's a Final Fight clone, in comparison, the controls are not as good as Final Fight, but it's few of the kind for Neo-Geo, for less than $70, yes, pick it up.

As far as Double Dragon, which one would you refer to? Double Dragon platform or Double Dragon for Neo-Geo (a fighting game)?

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
If you can get Burning Fight for cheap it MIGHT be worth owning, but otherwise, don't waste your time with it. It's an uninspired side-scrolling fighter that's much like Double Dragon/Final Fight, etc. It's a dull game overall. If you just love side-scrolling fighters, pick up "Streets of Rage 2" for the Sega Genesis. That game is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Burning Fight in terms of fun factor and overall presentation quality.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Streets of Rage 2 was hands down the best game in that category by far and still is. I love that game and everyone I know loved that game too. I even got my mom to play it and that is hard as hell to do
smile.gif
That little roller blade guy was the best. He jumped on their head and beat em down -hahaha

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey,

I ment the Double Dragon Side scrolling game on the snes that one was great. And also I played Final Fight Guy on snes I loved that 1 too. I can get Burning Fight for $40. Ill think about it.

Thanks,

Cho

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
GOOD GRIEF !

please...

i'm beggin you...

DO NOT...

do not write the words "final" and "fight"
in the same sentence,
like...
the same one where you mentioned
burning fight or streets or rage
or whatever !!

c'mon !!

dont mean to fuckin ram me opinions
down your throats,but...

aye...

final fight AND alien vs predator
AND tower of doom AND mystara AND
tenchi wo kurao 2.....

ahhh man.........

all them games.....
SO ripe and good

that before capcom turned into shit

( not talking about the Bio hazard stuff !! )

but apart from the joys given to us by
our survival horror...

yeah....

rip and all eh?

Fran

Yeah, that kid on the skates RULED in Streets of Rage2. He'd jump right on the back of someone's head and pound knots into it. I don't know why, but we always referred to that kid as "Kool-Aid". Just seemed like you'd seen him in a Kool-Aid commercial before or something. Or maybe we were just drunk.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I think Burning Fight is a game worth owning. Yeah, for a Neo Geo game, it is pretty average, especially in the graphics department. But if you happen to be a fan of the (now seemingly dead, sadly enough) genre of "walk along and beat 'em up", it'll impress. You have to be evasive with the enemies, and vary your attacks. No "push a button to beat some ass" business to be found here, rather you got a punch and a kick button, and the enemies, for a 3/4 view scrolling fighter, are pretty smart. Not genius smart, but nothing like on Final Fight where you just walk up and hit for the most part.

And yes, the graphics are bland (only by Neo Geo standards, but superior to a lot out there) on the characters, but the backgrounds make up for that. A lot of buildings and slum scenarios through Osaka (where most of the game takes place), a nicely drawn sunset on Castorora's boat, plus a subway (I guess that's what it is, maybe a train?)scene that is nicely executed from underground to above ground, where helicoptors fly in and take shots at you. All this and some more perks make the game worth picking up. The bosses on there are pretty interesting too, by the way. You'll probably have a lot of fun with this game...