Phantom 1 Issues...HELP.....

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Help me,

I have a !Arcade!'s Black Phantom 1 converter. I have tried it on 3 different systems and can't get the fucker to work. One of the system's slots have been tightened too.

I get a distorted picture at best. You can see the "Neo Geo" logo boot up and rotate and then see a block scoll across the screen. (I assume it's saying "Pro Gear Spec 330 Mega...") I can even see the game's intro but it's all garbled shit...

Please help me and let me know what I could do to get it working! (Besides sending it to !Arcade!) I have cleaned it thoroughly and I know it's a operable Phantom.

Any info would be of great assistance!

Thanks,
Kpj

Neo Skier

Banned
Try not putting the converter all the way in. I'll tell you right now...the thing sucks. Make sure the slots are REALLY TIGHT.

I have tried everything to make it work. I have tightened the slot (by hand)and even made a case out of an old cart. Make sure you have a clean MVS game as well.

Kpj

I bought this damn thing MONTHS ago but I have never used it. I was all fired up to collect MVS but once I started buying AES, I couldn't make my self buy the ugly ass arcade carts.

I think the idea behind the phantom is genius, it just doesn't want to work smoothly.

I would tighten the shit out of my slots, but I don't have a "beater" system to do this on.

I may have to invest in one!

Thanks for the help, and please keep it comin'

Kenny

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
Kenny.
On the old model of the P1, (the black one)
your slot's need to be so damn tigh, like a virgin............
that's why i just to call the mod a virgin mod, cause they need to be really tight and the P1 has to actually break in.....
the other thing is , try moving it to the back and front once inserted...
if not, sell it and get the new blue version, you still need tight slot's but not that tight.

Kpj

Thanks NeoGeo2K2,

My slot's are as tight as a $5 whore. The serial number on my bitch is 00017; so you see she's been around the block.

I thought that the black Phantom was the newer one, just before the release of the grey model?

Oh well, I don't even really use it now so I can't see investing in another one!

Kenny

Lost Basura

King's Dry Cleaner
i'ce got the exact same problem w/ mine. trust me i'm as pissed as you are. no refunds, no help, made me angry when i wanted my money back. i was told by Ray it worked fine when he tested it, but no.

i get the same crazy picture, but worse. mine hardly does anything. i've tried it on several neos, one i bought from Ray w/ new slots, still didn't work.

i'm sorry to hear you're having trouble cuz i know how frustraring it is.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I've had a few people send me their systems along with the converter. Sometimes adjusting the pins in the cart slots work, but in a couple issues, replacing the cart slots worked like a champ on systems that people had me change slots. It's a rather expensive fix (around $25 for parts, plus labor).

If someone out there wants to try this, I don't recommend doing it if you don't have the right tools. You can easily bust traces and ringlets which is the last thing you want to happen. Plus it takes a couple hours to complete.

Jeff