BTG conversion found on teh bay!

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Thanx bro, I thought it was too good to be true. Otherwise you would be all over that right ;)

*Richter*

Banned
When I spot a conversion which should be sold as original, I´ll post it here that everyone is aware.

I also asked the seller if he is sure that it is original but he didn´t respond yet and I think he won´t respond...

But we will see.

How you can see differences to the original if you dont have ORIGINAL too ??
I have BTG original , and i can't see differences because PICTURES on ebay are too SMALL !!!!!
This is joke ? You see all time conversion ( ultimate 11 , BTG ,metal slug 2 ..... more )
and finally all time you dont have original for see differences.
sorry RICHTER , but Stop being so paranoid.

Without proof , this auction are legit.
:very_ang:

M

mblvshj

powergeyser said:
I have BTG original , and i can't see differences because PICTURES on ebay are too SMALL !!!!!
This is joke ? You see all time conversion ( ultimate 11 , BTG ,metal slug 2 ..... more )

i beg to differ, with out proof the auction isnt legit!

hes just trying to give a helping hand,so lay off eh?

"his one here is the same as board member wheelaa bought from this french guy some time back. "

so the guy has sold a conversion

"I also asked the seller if he is sure that it is original but he didn´t respond yet and I think he won´t respond...

But we will see."

so there is a suspicion that it isnt legit.....

so maybe its you didnt read it, or maybe you did....but lay off,i highly doubt hes ever said anything to you personally to bash you...and maybe he has...idk...but im gonna go with his word because hes always right from what ive seen...ive saw him post links to metal slug 1 auctions that were conversions and you could tell

*Richter*

Banned
powergeyser said:

Here is your proof man!

Enjoy!

See post no.24 for the differences!

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2238222&posted=1#post2238222

Edit: Besides, I am going to buy this homecart too, so I open my eyes and watch very carefully.

And the U11 I started a thread about it in the boot or no boot forum, it went out it WAS a boot.

I contacted the buyer(also member here on the board) who bought it on teh bay and told him that I think its a boot, he compared it with his friends copy and, after he was 100% sure that it is a conversion, he returned it to the seller and got his money back(599 Euros without shipping).

Last edited:

*Richter*

Banned
I informed the seller(who is also member here on the boards) about that he is obviously selling a conversion.

He stated that he is going to inspect teh Romz inside the cart.

I am awaiting his answer.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow. very convincing looking boot.
scary.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
You know what, we should have like a collection of pictures of real vs fake homecarts so that people can tell it what they are purchasing is more likely to be legit. I know we have a Boot or No Boot section but that thread is mainly more for MVS carts For example how Richer produced pictures of specific inaccuracies for the fake Metal slug homecart on ebay the other day.
What do you guys think?

*Richter*

Banned
tony_starks said:
You know what, we should have like a collection of pictures of real vs fake homecarts so that people can tell it what they are purchasing is more likely to be legit. I know we have a Boot or No Boot section but that thread is mainly more for MVS carts For example how Richer produced pictures of specific inaccuracies for the fake Metal slug homecart on ebay the other day.
What do you guys think?

Thus would be great. Although it should be a sticky post.

BTT: The seller of the BTG cart told me he is going to open up the cart to check out teh romz and come back to me.

This doesnt happen untill now. :oh_no:

If I was the seller and have bids on my item I´d better hurry.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why would someone make a conversion with the Japanese title, instead of the better known "Neo Turfmasters"?

I'm not convinced. I'm usually not convinced by the arguments on this board for conversion sightings on ebay. Maybe it's because I'm not an AES person anymore. I think if the manuals and inserts are slightly different it's just probably a second printing or something. The close examination of poor photos strike me as borderline insansity.

Also, "conversions" are not "bootlegs." People posting in these threads should be more careful of the words they choose. Notice also that this board is called "Boot or No Boot," not "Conversion or No Conversion."

*Richter*

Banned
Neo Alec said:
Why would someone make a conversion with the Japanese title, instead of the better known "Neo Turfmasters"?

Its the same reason why people make conversions of Metal Slug, Blazing Star, U11... they are all japanese.

Neo Alec said:
Also, "conversions" are not "bootlegs." People posting in these threads should be more careful of the words they choose. Notice also that this board is called "Boot or No Boot," not "Conversion or No Conversion."

You´re right, but as tony_starks mentioned above, it would be a good thing if such a thread(or board) will be opened and sticked to teh top!

Edit: I wrote a PM to Shawn, lets see what he says.

Last edited:
Neo Alec said:
I think if the manuals and inserts are slightly different it's just probably a second printing or something. The close examination of poor photos strike me as borderline insansity."

TRUE !!!

If you know the rules of printing , first 500 copies and last 500 copies can have differences , color , positioning , cut.
Too paranoid are dangerous for seller and buyer neogeo games.
the only proof "OPEN THE CART"

*Richter*

Banned
powergeyser said:
TRUE !!!

If you know the rules of printing , first 500 copies and last 500 copies can have differences , color , positioning , cut.
Too paranoid are dangerous for seller and buyer neogeo games.
the only proof "OPEN THE CART"

Yes maybe but how comes that only conversions have the same "printing errors"?

I have 2 kof 96 japanese
I found 2 or 3 differences :

- Strange cut on manual
- Strange cut on insert
- Positioning on manual ( same error BTG on ebay )

my kof 96 are bootleg or conversion ?

Do you want some pics ? you want see ?

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey - as the guy who is selling this on ebay i just thought i should say a few things:

1) how people can say a game is a conversion or a boot without actually seeing it for real is totally beyond me

2) i bought this from an eshop in france over the internet as a BTG original and paid for it too

3) i never opened it as i was too scared of damaging/breaking it

4) i have since come to sell it on ebay and i have people accusing me of selling a boot without even knowing if it is authentic or not and even getting abuse from some mongoloid fucks

So i would like to give give a guy a chance and until proven otherwise take it for what it is...

As it happens i have since opened it and the proof can be seen here...

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/kevinclarkpatterson/BTG/

wheelaa

New Challenger
red impact said:
As it happens i have since opened it and the proof can be seen here...

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/kevinclarkpatterson/BTG/
Proof its a conversion. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot lol.

Piccie 4..see all those holes in the board in nice straight lines. These holes are from where chips have been removed from that board. When carts come from the factory if there are no chips in a certain socket the reverse shows nice smooth machine factory solder blobs. This cart doesn't, it show holes.

What can one infer from that?

That the chips that originally lived on that board have been removed and others put in. Obviously BTG doesn't use as many chips as the board originally held, hence the nice holes now.

Sorry mate, but that is a "Conversion", guaranteed (especially when you factor in all the other discrepencies..top right corner of the insert and manual cover are big giveaways).

Please check out this thread here where I put up piccies of legit and converted boards (due to work filters I can't see the piccies now so if they are no longer there then pm me and I'll send them to you when when I get home)

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163886
(post 7)

PS you got it from France..the conversion capital of the world lol. If it came from Mounir/Sami Serhani, DioWorld, or anything with Dio of some sort in the name etc you got done by the same cocknut who tried to do me.

Last edited:

*Richter*

Banned
I knew it

red impact said:
Hey - as the guy who is selling this on ebay i just thought i should say a few things:

1) how people can say a game is a conversion or a boot without actually seeing it for real is totally beyond me
I don´t say it for nothing, conversion. Like the MS cons, you see the differences- no need to see the game for real.
red impact said:
2) i bought this from an eshop in france over the internet as a BTG original and paid for it too
Maybe the shop is runned by the same guy who sold a copy to wheelaa.

The bad news are it´s a conversion.

But hey, maybe you can get your money back.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey - i know NOW its a conversion...but only after i opened it!! Who would want to break/damage an original!!??!! STill it playes well and looks pretty good so maybe thats why i was fooled - as for getting my money back, lets say im trying!!

Oh well - but just so everyone knows...i wasnt trying to scam ANYONE. Just hope thats clear ok, if i was then i wouldnt have posted pics and emailed they guys that asked for pics...the ebay listing will be changed tonight approriately obviously.

DANG :very_ang:

wheelaa

New Challenger
Bummer.

Hope you get your dosh back. If you need any help drop me a line..still working in law..barely...

*Richter*

Banned
red impact said:
Hey - i know NOW its a conversion...but only after i opened it!! Who would want to break/damage an original!!??!! STill it playes well and looks pretty good so maybe thats why i was fooled - as for getting my money back, lets say im trying!!

DANG :very_ang:

Yeah, thats what makes me so paranoid. Raising this thread people told me not to be so paranoid but I´m right. I also spotted a obviously fake U11 posted it here in boot or no boot(and they told me not to be so paranoid) and after contacting the buyer it came out it really was a fake.

You have to take a very close look when you are buying high value carts.

Good luck for you to solve the problem with the seller.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
*Richter* said:
Yeah, thats what makes me so paranoid. Raising this thread people told me not to be so paranoid but I´m right. I also spotted a obviously fake U11 posted it here in boot or no boot(and they told me not to be so paranoid) and after contacting the buyer it came out it really was a fake.

You have to take a very close look when you are buying high value carts.

Good luck for you to solve the problem with the seller.

Thanx to Richter my whole attitude for him being so paranoid has changed (sorry mate). Convertions are getting better and better in terms of looking legit, I mean most are coming with manuals nowadays. Fair play to the seller if he never knew just like Terry B. That is why we should aleast have a sticky or a sepreate thread for homecarts like Convertion or no Convertion for example. It has come to the stage that even honest sellers are being duped. One thing being on Ebay, but convos in the selling threads here takes the piss. Oh and to the seller hope you get some dough back at least.

starks out.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm still not quite a believer in all this, but maybe there is something to your skills after all, Richter. Or you just got lucky. Either way, congratulations.