help with atomiswave

Pitbul09

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Have a question about atomiswaye mother boards? are you able to put them and play those games in neo cab? Or do you need a different cab all together?
thanks

Pas

Camel Slug
Remeber though that the jamma connection on an atomiswave only gives out mono...so if your neo cab is not a conversion and has stereo sound you will need to change some wiring. Also the 5th atomiswave button is mapped to the same edge connector pin that the MVS layout uses for its select button. You would probably be best making a converter that could accept the stereo output from the extra connectors on the atomiswave and unless your not going to use it add in the extra button and wire it with the select button.

By the way...this should probably have been posted in the tech section and not general discussion.

Last edited:

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
In my AW setup menu, I can select mono or stereo sound. I don't have it in my mvs cab though, It's in my astro, so I haven't tried the stereo setting.

Of course, this doesn't necesserily mean that the stero comes from the Jamma connector (I would think that it wouldn't). It probably has to go through the IO.

The guy that I bought my MVS cab from just had a couple of quick disconnects on the 2 extra stereo wires. This works great, because I can just disconnect them if I want to plug in a standard jamma pcb.

I've heard of people just using select as the 5th button, but that seems extremely akward to me (and doesn't give you a 5th for p2)