Where to buy low profile rom sockets

Pas

Camel Slug
Anyone know where I can pick up some 42pin sockets with a low enough profile that I could use them and the roms in a standard unmodified MVS case? I would really like to keep it in a nice cart shell and yet be able to remove the roms. Worse comes to worse I guess I can just solder the roms down and desolder them later if needed but Id really like them socketed.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
from my understanding one socketed rom cart will not cover a majority of carts. you might have to design your own cart.

Pas

Camel Slug
werejag said:
from my understanding one socketed rom cart will not cover a majority of carts. you might have to design your own cart.

Yeah I realize there "isnt a one cart fits all" option. I was just hoping to socket the roms so that if anything changes, or if there does happen to be a few homebrews that work on the same board set, that I wouldnt have to worry about desolering, reprogramming, resoldering but rather could just pull the roms and reprogram them with little effort. I found a few 42 pin sockets (which dont seem to be easy to come buy) through digikey so I am going to order some and see how they fit. I will update to let people know if I ever find something that works.