before and after progress on my goldie

Ukyo

20 Year Member
goldie00.jpg

[.]control panel before refurb.

goldie01.jpg

[.]control panel after refurb. metal was stripped, primed with rust-oleum white primer, then covered with base coat of mat black rust-oleum enamel; finished with black rust-oleum semi-gloss protective enamel. i found results get quite close to the factory paint job.

goldie02.jpg

[.]i cant thank electricgrave enough for his incredible skill with the table saw; he cut me this beautiful plexi glass control panel overlay and let me use his shop to strip and paint all my metal pieces. i also copied the slick black buttons look he has on his personal cab. look at the reflection on that fucker; the original cp decal was cleaned, and then i sprayed the back with mat-black [masking the credit windows] to fill in some minor cracks and scratches in the graphic.

goldie03.jpg

[.]inside control panel

goldie04.jpg

[.]before shot of the metal pcb cover.

goldie05.jpg

[.]after shot. metal was stripped; primed with rust-oleum primer; and finished with rust-oleum metallic gold enamel. [i have a large black SNK decal on the way].

goldie06.jpg

[.]full view; still a work in progress.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It looks superb if I do say so myself, thanks for the praise bud, it was a pleasure to help you out.

Funny moment was when I drilled the plexi and it was almost finish until the last hole that I drilled in the corner went and cracked, man! I was so upset, but oh well a second plexi was cut and drilled and well you can see the reults.

I'm in good old Daytona Florida racing like a mad man an restoring a 2 slot for a friend, pics will be posted soon on a thread of it's own.

Congrats on the goldie Ukyo, and may the Black Goldie effect live on forever!

There's 3 of us now! You know who you are!

Vynce

n00b
I'm glad to see my old goldie went to such a worthy owner. One much moreso than myself, that is. It was a pleasure meeting you. I actually just dropped by to see how you made out with the cab.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
As a fellow member of the Goldie Black Label society (all 3 of us!) I demand pics of the decal.:emb: