AES Stereo Out [Problem]

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Guys i made sometime ago a stereo mod.....so i got the signal from the volume control and soldered the wires in the jackout connectors.....well everything works fine...But these days when i turned my system ON the stereo sound dosent works anymore....so i check the wires...connectors....all is fine...but the stereo volume control bar is not good....moving them -/+ i got a noise.....and after +/- 5minutes playing the sound return to normal.....but now evereytime i wanted play this shit happens......

Question: Have another point to me get the stereo signals whitout using the volume control bar ??? Something like By-passing the volume control bar ???

If yes please help me...(pics will be welcome)

[]'Macck

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
sounds like the switch needs cleaning. The 3 prongs need to have good contact with the rails. Slide the switch to one side and clean with a q-tip and isoprpyl alcohol and then slide it to the other side and do the same.

chaoticjelly

Kabuki Klasher
Same as what Xian Xi has said. The noise means that theres dust in between the contacts.. you often get the same problem on old radios, and the solution is to thoroughly clean with a solution of Isopropyl Alcohol.

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Allright...let me try....later i will post if the results sounds good !

[]'Macck

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Well,i do that but the problem persist...i think the contacts still worn......so have another point to me get the stereo signal from the board ???

[]'Macck

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can probably take the signal before it hits the headphones, just trace it before the headphone jack.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
for a real stereo mod you need to add quite a few components. Tapping from the headphone jack shouldn't even be called a mod. And simply tapping from any other point will give crappy results.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What 3 points should the signals be taken from? I'm guessing you need left, right and analog.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
3 points? no as there are already stereo points. but you cannot just send them off like that to a tv or a receiver because the levels are too low resulting in a very quiet output. you need to amplify the signals, i.e. add a circuit either using op-amps or transistors. The key is to look at the mono channel from the A/V port: it's not just left and right summed up and sent off... thsi also holds true for the stereo mnod on 1 slots like the MV1FZ that I always see done incorrectly.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
MKL said:
for a real stereo mod you need to add quite a few components. Tapping from the headphone jack shouldn't even be called a mod. And simply tapping from any other point will give crappy results.
Yeah really. I've kind of always hated how everyone does that. It's the simplest and most effective though, I'll admit.

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Great...i'm LOST :blow_top:

MKL..... can you put some schematic to help all of us to improve the AES stereo output correct ???

PLEASE ! ! ! :mr_t:

[]'Macck

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
I don't even know what revision board your system is.