Japanese Arcade Stuff

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
I'm trying to compile any information I can get on Japanese arcade components, by brand. I have a lot of information already, but what I really need is concrete information about specific OEM parts. Pictures would be really good.

What this means is, if anyone owns an Astro City cabinet, or a SNK Candy, or any mass-produced Japanese cab...or, if you've worked on Japanese controls a lot, and are familiar with the third party Sanwa and Seimitsu controls, and how they compare to the official stuff, please post, and give me any information you can. I'm especially interested in the joystick assemblies (how many layers, what each layer consists of, the brand of microswitches used, the depth the joystick is set below the board), and how sensitive the buttons are, in each cabinet.

I was also going to head to that Dallas place, Animation Town, to see if they could help me acquire parts, and perhaps test some CPS2 boards that I have never run before. Or maybe they'd at least let me see inside their machines, if I asked very nicely. I know some of those people are on these boards, from time to time, so if you're around, please let me know. Otherwise, I guess I'll be giving them a phone call this weekend.

Thanks for reading. When I finish the FAQ, I'll get a copy up somewhere, and bring the URL here. It's been like pulling teeth to find out any solid information on Japanese cabinet controls, and I wish there was a FAQ around when I went searching, so maybe it'll help some.