Console > Arcade Project

I am thinking of making a custom cabinet from scrap. I am thinking of doing either Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, GameCube, or PS2. I think I will make it universal with home-made marquee. I will have the the sticks for each system custom made and removable from the top.

Like a board with a whole bunch of sticks on it, and can be removed. The only problem is on games with four players with one single cab with 4 players would be tight when only 2 want to play and those two are next to each other.

I have two solutions first make each player interchangable like you can just lift and move it around. Just think of the arcade controllers as a lid and it can just be lifted and moved. That way you can move it around untill you are comfrertable.

The other is two cabinet connected. That would be easy two. I would just slap some wood together place a tv on it. Then run a video/audio splitter to the other tv. And run the other 2 controllers into the system in the first board. This way if I had alot of money I could make 5 cabinets for ten player bomberman! :D

First off tell me your ideas on my ideas if you would like. Second I need a tutorial on how to make arcade sticks and what buttons I should use for the board. Also what system should I go for first?

Thanks! buttrock

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
I have a much better idea, make the control panel and wire each player seperatly, then you modd one joypad for each player and system and slap on some kinda connector to them. Much better solution. Depending on what sort of cabinet your using there really shouldn't be any problem to make a 4 player control pannel. Just make it bigger.

So just make a 4 player board and make each controller seperate so I can plug the lets say the second one on the board into controller port 4?

Also could I just get some buttons and take apart a controller and replace all the normal buttons with arcade ones?

I am thinking of getting one of those adapters that like changes a PS controller into like a Dreamcast/Saturn/Gamecube. I have seen one seperately for the Dreamcast and Gamecube. I think the playstation is the most converted type of controller so I might look for one of those. Or I could make a custom one. Well about 4 custom ones. This seems like alot of work mainly becuase of the sticks. But if anyone finds something I could yous please let me know. Also check this out, I could use this for my TV. If I get enough money for one that excepts rgb.

courtasey of lik-sang.com here is the product... <a href="http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=2355&" target="_blank">http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=2355&</a>