MS conversion found on the bay...

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
This is a rare chance to own a copy of the excellent and highly sought-after Japanese version Metal Slug by Nazca for the Neo Geo AES. Very few original Japanese version cartridges were produced, making the home cartridge version highly desirable to own as both a game and a collector's item. The game is nearly 12 years old now and finding an original version in such excellent condition would be very difficult indeed. The game is in absolutely excellent overall condition and has been stored in a non-smoking house in a protective case.

Based on the underlined section he is either attempting a scam or is clueless.

Just out of curiousity, what makes you so sure it's a conversion? The auction pics look right compared to http://www.neo-geo.com/snk/carts/jap/metalslug.jpg. I don't mess around with AES stuff only MVS so I really don't know what to look for without looking at the prog boards.

*Richter*

Banned
And people are bidding and bidding.

I would inform the bidders but the seller made it a "User ID kept private" aution.

@Tony: I think he dont know that it is actually a conversion.

@Topher:

The manual shows differences to the original, also the insert shows differences:

Original:
metalslugoriginalfront.jpg

Look at the gun: The upper right flash is a bit shorter than the next one to the left.

metalslugoriginalback.jpg

Look at the bricks on the very left: A barely visible row of bricks appears here.

Conversion:
fakemetalslugback2.jpg

Look here at the guns fire: The above mentioned upper right fire flash is longer than the next one to the left.

Also take a look on the bricks on the very left of the back of the insert: In the original artwork is a bit of another few bricks visible, here they are missing.

Conversion no2:
There is another conversion around but this is most of the time sold as a conversion(but I saw it go with a manual as an original on ebay too).

FakeMSfront1.jpg

Here on the front side of the insert there are no differences to the original, the fire flash is like it meant to be.

Backside of the insert: Here we have the above mentioned missing row of bricks and a wrong picture compared to the original.

Spine: The handgrenade is placed behind the screenshot and the info box, in the original artwork it is placed in front of them.

This is all I can tell, hopefully it helps.

Last edited:

tony starks

Starks is always out.
*Richter* said:
And people are bidding and bidding.

I would inform the bidders but the seller made it a "User ID kept private" aution.

@Tony: I think he dont know that it is actually a conversion.

@Topher:

The manual shows differences to the original, also the insert shows differences:

Original:
metalslugoriginalfront.jpg

Look at the gun: The upper right flash is a bit shorter than the next one to the left.

metalslugoriginalback.jpg

Look at the bricks on the very left: A barely visible row of bricks appears here.

Conversion:
fakemetalslugback2.jpg

Look here at the guns fire: The above mentioned upper right fire flash is longer than the next one to the left.

Also take a look on the bricks on the very left of the back of the insert: In the original artwork is a bit of another few bricks visible, here they are missing.

Conversion no2:
There is another conversion around but this is most of the time sold as a conversion(but I saw it go with a manual as an original on ebay too).

FakeMSfront1.jpg

Here on the front side of the insert there are no differences to the original, the fire flash is like it meant to be.

Backside of the insert: Here we have the above mentioned missing row of bricks and a wrong picture compared to the original.

Spine: The handgrenade is placed behind the screenshot and the info box, in the original artwork it is placed in front of them.

This is all I can tell, hopefully it helps.

Very impressive Rich you have good eyes mate.

Starks out...

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
tony_starks said:
Rich you reckon he knows he is selling a conversion?

starks out...

This guy KNOWS he is selling a conversion.

I am certain that he is the same guy that TerryB sold his conversion to. I think he was in Peterborough, UK at the time.

I remember he tried selling this same item on ebay a few months ago. I think TerryB exposed him in this forum. I sent the guy a question via ebay letting him that he had been exposed as selling a conversion, and shortly thereafter, he ended the listing.

Now he is trying to list it again. I guess he is hoping that he will get away with it this time.

*Richter*

Banned
I asked the seller if its original or not, awaiting his reply.

Maybe someone should report this to ebay.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
*Richter* said:
I asked the seller if its original or not, awaiting his reply.

Maybe someone should report this to ebay.

The problem is that ebay sometimes takes way too long to investigate something like this. By the time they look into it, he will probably have sold it to some unsuspecting victim.

The main thing ebay decides quickly are keyword spamming violations (because they are obvious) and allegations of copyright or trademark infringement (because they could get ebay sued).

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Bibliophile said:
This guy KNOWS he is selling a conversion.

I am certain that he is the same guy that TerryB sold his conversion to. I think he was in Peterborough, UK at the time.

I remember he tried selling this same item on ebay a few months ago. I think TerryB exposed him in this forum. I sent the guy a question via ebay letting him that he had been exposed as selling a conversion, and shortly thereafter, he ended the listing.

Now he is trying to list it again. I guess he is hoping that he will get away with it this time.

Damn well spotted. The guy has no shame at all. What a bum. Ebay aint gonna make a difference, all we can hope is he does not get much or it. I feel sorry for all those that think it is legit and have placed a bid. :oh_no:

matt009au

Zero's Tailor
damn i would have never picked that, just from the bricks and the muzzle flash. What are the most common games that are conversions? Cheers, I haven't really bought a lot of aes stuff off ebay because i don't know what to look for.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
matt009au said:
damn i would have never picked that, just from the bricks and the muzzle flash. What are the most common games that are conversions? Cheers, I haven't really bought a lot of aes stuff off ebay because i don't know what to look for.

You tend to find that the more rare or expensive games Neo games can have conversions, For example Metal slug 1,2,3 Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Masters. You can also obtain MVS only games on the Aes through conversions such as Neo Bomberman etc.. If in doubt about a neo game on Ebay just ask here before bidding.

Starks gone...

matt009au

Zero's Tailor
You tend to find that the more rare or expensive games Neo games can have conversions, For example Metal slug 1,2,3 Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Masters. You can also obtain MVS only games on the Aes through conversions such as Neo Bomberman etc.. If in doubt about a neo game on Ebay just ask here before bidding.

Starks gone...

If your going to buy a known conversion, is it worth the price of the MVS cart, or more or less?

*Richter*

Banned
matt009au said:
If your going to buy a known conversion, is it worth the price of the MVS cart, or more or less?

Depends on if you really need the game as a conversion due to lack of a MVS setup for example.

For AES players it will be worth the money(MVS only games) because you dont need to buy a arcade machine, MVS board, and so on.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
powergeyser said:
conversion is good for expensive game

Depends on who you speak to. Some members hate them some members love them. The subject is very taboo.

N

Neo_Kamui

Is my MS a conversion or legit?

Hi guys. :)

I have bought this MS time ago in Ebay. I need your expert opinion. Is a conversion or legit?

PICS:

I wait your answers.

Regards. ;)