Neo Geo Homebrew - What it is about....

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Hi all....

I have seen some people ask about the 'other' inserts that exist for games besides the ones being distributed by another group of fans.

Anyway, these inserts are a creation from a group of people who assembled for a Neo Geo homebrew movement.

Now, people might ask why this is being done. It is being done because we all know the Neo Geo will eventually get no more games released for it, and we, as the Neo Geo community need to come together to collect information to make sure games can keeo coming for it. Basically, the whole project started as 'information gathering' and has expended from there.

Just to make sure everyone knows, Neo Geo Homebrew is not an 'exclusive' group of members, it is a collection of Neo Geo people (collectors and gamers alike) who want to help keep the community alive? Want in? Contribute, it is that easy!

While the hardware side of the movement has hit lots of snags in collecting information (some has been done and is still being done), the artwork movement has not!

Want to see whats been done? Take a look at:
http://nickthfury.cjb.net

There you will find artwork for some unreleased home games, templates to create artwork, and a nice long FAQ about what needs to be done. Enough to get people started!

What else is there? Well, here is a list of all of the games represented so far (each game has an insert and a cart sticker for it):

Battle Flipshot
Diggerman (& manual too, offline til Dec)
Ganryu
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Strikers 1945 Plus
Super Dodge Ball
Metal Slug 3 (& manual too)
Pop 'N Bounce (& manual too)
Neo Bomberman
Neo Mr. Do!
Puzzle Bobble (& manual too)
Metal Slug

Whats to come? Well, I can not comment on whatothers are doing (feel free to post to this topic though!) but I am working on a manual for Neo Mr Do! (80% done), a manual for Metal Slug (25% done), and an insert for World Soccer '96 (Done but waiting for permission to use a piece of art, I can provide a link to a pic if anyone is interested!).

Anyway, our goal is to create artwork for the games that did not see an official home cart release. Once we have reached that goal, we might work towards creating art for all games that have not been released in the US. We will figure that out when we reach that point!

Anyone interested in contributing? We have the space to host the inserts/stickers/manuals and they will be placed up on the website. Besides, I can also try to assist by answering any questions, but I am by no means an expert on the subject!

Sorry that this is so long winded, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Keith