What's that?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Hello,

I just bought a MVS 25 japanese cabinet w a MV-1 motherboard and as it is my first arcade there is one thing I would like to find out:

On the bottom of the screen, right in the middle there is a message saying "level-4" on the same line as "credit 00".

I am wondering waht the "level-4" means. It never changes whatever the game I am playing. Is it some sort of difficulty level? If so how do I change it and can i simply hove it NOT be displayed all the time?

Thanks

BILLY

Mr. Big's Thug
Power up the system with dip switch one on to enter test mode. Go into soft dip settings to change challenge from 1-8 or get rid of the level/credit display at the bottom of the screen altogether and lots of other stuff.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
OK, it's your difficulty level. Let me check in my cab quick how to toggle it...

OK on my games it's the option "CREDIT/LEVEL" with the following settings:
WITH/WITH- see credits and level on screen
WITH/WITHOUT- see only credits on screen
WITHOUT/WITH- see only level on screen
WITHOUT/WITHOUT- see neither credits nor level on screen

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Thanks a lot! Now i'll justs have to figure out how to get there (my MV-1 is jap. loco )

Edited for typo

<small>[ August 22, 2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Howdoin ]</small>

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Howdoin:
Thanks a lot! Now i'll justs have to figure out how to get there (my MV-1 is jap. loco )

Edited for typo
Briggs has MVS board manuals in PDF format on his site that may help you out a bit.

<a href="http://www.hardmvs.com" target="_blank">www.hardmvs.com</a>