Dig Dug to Jamma

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
So I soldiered a finger board and some wires to a dig dug board and when I play it the sound is a lil nasty I see in the manual it talks about a regualtor audio 2 board I have one of these and two boards, how do I hook this up to the game or is there a quick fix I can do to make the sound better. I dont really care If I can turn it up or down its at a good level its just crackly.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
No its atari, sorry I forgot to add that

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Not familiar with the Atari version, do you have a link to the manual, I am interested in the "regulator audio 2 board"

From the pin out, there seems nothing special about the audio connections.
Just speaker between 3 & 4

Crazykong which was a great source of dips, pin outs, manuals and board pics seems to be down at the moment, believe its changed hands recently.

Pas

Camel Slug
I am prity sure the regulator audio II board is just for power regulation to the board and for audio amplification. My Asteroids deluxe (as well as most early atari games) had some version of this board in them and had very weak/no audio amps on the main pcb. You probably just need an external audio amp. The one on the board is most likely too weak to drive a speaker properly and hence the reason you have crackeling...as you bring the volume to a usable/audiable level it starts to distort.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Manual
ttooddddyy said:
Not familiar with the Atari version, do you have a link to the manual, I am interested in the "regulator audio 2 board"

From the pin out, there seems nothing special about the audio connections.
Just speaker between 3 & 4

Crazykong which was a great source of dips, pin outs, manuals and board pics seems to be down at the moment, believe its changed hands recently.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
OK got the manual, dont see how you would get any sound at all without the "audio 2" pcb fitted as it has the audio output IC located there (TDA 2002 - see bottom of page 56 on the manual)

If you are missing the interconnect lead from the mobo you could always hardwire between the sockets.