How exactly does the Universe bios work?

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Does it work like the NGH debug bios where you hold down certain buttons on the 2P side to activate a menu? Any help would be appreciated!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Earthquake:
Does it work like the NGH debug bios where you hold down certain buttons on the 2P side to activate a menu? Any help would be appreciated!
Hold down A+B+C on controller 1 when powering up the MVS board and then you can access things like Region and Mode settings, CRC Checksum, Music Player and so on.

During a game, pressing Start + Select will bring up the menu that allows you to select cheats, debug bios settings and soft reboot the system.

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Thanks for the help broken! I've almost got enough now for that 2-slot MVS console. How much would you charge to add a Universe bios to the mix?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Say, $25. Thats what it would cost to get one from Raz.

Next time I order one, I am going to get one for myself also. It really is a kick ass addition to the MVS.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
DarthMagnus:
is the bios a plug in chip to be put in by yourself or does it require solder work?
As long as your MVS board doesn't have a soldered in Bios (the MV-1C and 1B have soldered bios), you can just basically "unplug" you old bios and drop this one in.