BIGGER than the SAC CONTROVERSY - ROMS and CDR's - Your Views

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Im going to try and stay neutral on this one, I would like to see everyone pro's and con's on the idea of Emulators, Rom's and CDR's as related to the Neo Geo Scene, Pocket, CD, and Cartridge formats. Im looking forward to being a spectator to this discussion. So there you go, you got your topic now talk amongst yourselves
smile.gif

No Im not Linda Richmond and I dont like coffee.

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
I've got a CD with all the Neo Geo roms and I use it to decide which game I want to buy next. So, for me, it's more like a "Try Before You Buy" thing.

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well I have to admit I only started getting into the Neo-Geo through emulation back in about March. Since then I have downloaded every single dumped game and have them all burnt onto 2 cd's.

Once I got all the games though, I wanted the real thing, so I bought myself a home cart system at the end of July and so far I've got 9 games for it plus KOF 2000 on pre-order. I think in some ways that emulators are a good thing, because I know other people who have got into the Neo-Geo scene through emulation and went on to go and buy the real thing.

I don't think emulation really hurts the Neo-Geo scene as the Neo-Geo CD is dead and home carts are produced in such small numbers now that it doesn't really affect their sales. As good as NeoRAGEx is, it's still not a patch on the real thing. The huge joysticks, and carts which are like VHS cassetes are all part of the Neo's charm and are things that can never be emulated.

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
The cartridges are actually more like the 3/4" broadcast tapes. You'd need at least 2 VHS tapes to be equivalent in size to a Neo cart.
smile.gif

James

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Originally posted by yuckydog:
The cartridges are actually more like the 3/4" broadcast tapes. You'd need at least 2 VHS tapes to be equivalent in size to a Neo cart.
smile.gif

James

You beat me to this... I was going to say the same thing! HA

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I think CDRs are ok if you already have the game, and just like the post says above, you can make as many as you want because SNK doesn't exist in the USA anymore...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I don't personally care about the Roms thing anymore. After some thought I just realized. yeah some people have Neo games on Roms they got for free. Big Deal*Mid-Ar wank* I'm still happy knowing that I own original SNK products which make them worth more in my eye than any burn or rom. For me it's just the feeling of being able to sit down and pop in any of myu favorite Neo games into my home system. Nothing will ever beat that feeling. ^_^

BonusKun

It's just not the same thing

Computers=slowdown

NG= speed, feeling, THE REAL THING

My computer is so slow that I deceided to but a NG and I have no regrets doing this

NG ROCKS!

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
So to conclude what everyone thinks....

CDRs = Snikers Candy Bar
Roms/Emulators = polishing the fire hydrant?
Neo Geo system = getting laid?

They all satisfy in their own way, but their is no substitue for the real thing.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif