Where can I get an arcade joystick for home neo geo?

Gunbu

If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know. I've seen those Super Pro Sticks at www.massystems.com already. I was looking for one with the design for the neo arcade joysticks. Can anyone help?

Gunbu

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
(sorry, I meant to answer this yesterday)

Well, MAS used to make Neo joysticks. Are you saying they don't anymore?

If you're interested in making your own arcade sticks, it can be done for very little money. I have a feature about it at my website, Under The Neo Geo Moon: http://www.crosswinds.net/~billkwando/homecart.html

It's basically a step by step walkthrough explaining how to build and wire an arcade stick, along with suggestions on how to build a casing.

If you need any help, let me know.

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.com

Gunbu

Hey thanks! I think I'll give 'er a shot. I have no idea how to solder, but I'm willing to learn. The hardest part will probably be building the case... I'll post a pic here when I get around to doing it, and I'll let you know if I somehow manage to blow up my neo geo! hehe
Gunbu

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Well, thankfully, building a casing isn't such a big deal if you don't do carpentry.

Smoke Ya, from my BBS, recently posted this alternative to building your own housing. I hope it helps!

Hey Billkwando,
I just read your FAQ on building an arcade controller. I'm in the process of building a controller myself. I just wanted to share some ideas with you...

Instead of using wood to build your stick housing, I suggest using a plastic enclosure box. You can get these plastic boxes in various shapes, sizes, and colors. These boxes are usually used for housing various custom built electronic devices and can be purchased from most electrical supply companies (such as www.digikey.com and www.alliedelec.com).

I'm using a glossy, black plastic box and it gives a much more modern look. You can even get slanted versions like your "model 2". The best part is you don't have to worry about sanding or painting. The boxes only cost between $8-$25.

I'm also building a little "home mvs system". I have a spare one-slot neo board and I just got done building my own rgb-ntsc converter board. You can build your own high quality rgb-ntsc converter for only about $15, if you buy all the circuit components yourself. There are many rgb-ntsc converter chips available for only about $6. Mabey I'll put a tutorial up after I'm done.

That pretty much eliminates the uncertainty of "how am I gonna house this thing?" Don't forget to post pics!

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.com

Gunbu

Hey Billkwndo, do you happen to know what style of case he got for his controller?
Or does he mention it in his original post?
I'm having a hard time finding a case from those sites that doesn't look like it came from underneath a car! Either that or they are all too small. Oh well, maybe I will make one out of wood!
Anyone else know anything about this subject too?
Thanks again,
Gunbu