Subtle shift

aria

Former Moderator
After a good suggestion and some discussion, we've moved the Next Gen forum and Music subforum into subforums of Unrelated Topics.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm still dead set against the notion of having them all split up.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
I think it's a good call, since they are unrelated in the Neo Geo sense.

Just my 2 cents. :(

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Rade said:
I'm still dead set against the notion of having them all split up.
Me too. I don't see why next gen and music threads -- being unrelated -- can't just be in Unrelated. The good ones will still float to the top by getting traffic, and I won't have to wade through the chaff, as the pointless, lame threads will quickly fall off the front Unrelated page.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The old way made more sense to me. Since this is a site primarily about video games, and there are a bunch of boards just for home theater on the main index, Next Gen was a logical main board to have. Besides, as the Neo hardware continues to fade into history, as long as the forums are still here, it makes sense to have some general gamer boards to move to.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Instead, why not filter out all of the self-indulgent daily political musings and the banal "so my girlfriend broke up with me"/"OMG! I got fired!" topics?

aria

Former Moderator
16-bit said:
Instead, why not filter out all of the self-indulgent daily political musings and the banal "so my girlfriend broke up with me"/"OMG! I got fired!" topics?

After 7 years, isn't that a part of what's always been there? :spock:

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
After 7 years, isn't that a part of what's always been there? :spock:

Likewise with discussion about current and future gaming consoles and music.

If you are going to further fragment the forums, then why not separate the wheat from the chaff?

aria

Former Moderator
16-bit said:
Likewise with discussion about current and future gaming consoles and music.

If you are going to further fragment the forums, then why not separate the wheat from the chaff?

I'm actually on the side of the fence of recombining the forums. The only fragmentation that I was in support of was creating an International forum and then breaking it into sub-sections.