Samurai Spirits Sen poster (with screenshots)

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,

The text says:
The most popular weapon-based fighting game storms the arcades in 3D!
Intense battles to the death now unfold!
Currently in development!
With new storylines and characters not to be missed!
And yes, that's Hanzo and Charlotte in the bottom right screens.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
------------
Never mind, should be addressed in PM about the super deformaties.

Last edited:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
It is still kind of hard to tell from the poster, but this game might actually be graphically impressive.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Looks alot like Soul Calibur at first glance, which isn't really a bad thing.

If they can make a fighting engine that incorporates all the great things about Samurai Shodown with a 3D plane, it'll be fantastic.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
i'm hoping for a hard hitting game with great atmosphere.

in the vein of SS3:buttrock:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Not impressed yet, but I hope it plays well, which will impress me in a 'at least they got gameplay right' kind of way.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
looks terrible, harks to 3d years dead.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
The poke whore finally makes into a 3D game. Don't know if anyone in their right mind should be happy about that. :oh_no:

Looking forward to these so called new characters as well as any 2D additions that weren't in the previous 2 arcade games.

Still would like to see Seishiro and company return someday...

Last edited:

CyberAkuma

n00b
As a fan of Ashura's Armada (SS64-2), I'm looking forward to this. SS64-2 proved that not only could the series be done well in the 3D plane, it may be all the better for it, because it may alone offer things that couldn't be done in 2D. Plus the guys behind SS1 and SS2 are back in the saddle for SEN, which just gives me a good deal of confidence in that factoid alone. Even if the graphics may not do anything to turn graphic hounds away from Namco's newest batch of eyecandy, I think this graphic style will be good enough. Probably will be along the lines of high-end KOF MI graphics engine (which pretty much means a PS2 and Wii port eventually).

Also, it's my experience that most people who dog the idea of SS in 3D either a) never tried it (especially AA), or b) simply played that craptacular PSX title (which was called Warrior's Rage), and thought it was fit to pass judgment on any and all attempts. All I know is that after "Rugal" introduced me to Ashura's Armada, I was certainly a believer...

Deuce

CyberAkuma said:
Ashura's Armada (SS64-2)
Where the great googly-moogly did you come up with that as a title for Warriors Rage/Asura Zanmaden?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why is it so brown? SNKP just proving that they're 5 years behind the curve, yet again.

Deuce

Rade said:
Why is it so brown? SNKP just proving that they're 5 years behind the curve, yet again.
That's possibly the most bizarrely nonsensical troll I've ever seen.

Seriously, man. "Why is it so brown?" You've seen one scanned poster, which is likely color-corrected poorly, for all we know, and four hard-to-make-out screenshots on said poster.

Still, if you're going to knee-jerk bash something on sight, I guess that's as good an arbitrary choice as anything.

CyberAkuma

n00b
Deuce said:
Where the great googly-moogly did you come up with that as a title for Warriors Rage/Asura Zanmaden?

Predominantly from my pal, who turned me on to the game. You may remember him as "Rugal" or "Red Falcon" as he is known over at MMCafe.

But in any case, I refuse to call it "Warrior's Rage". The PSX game can have that lame subtitle, as well as it being the pariah for why most people are overly resistant to SS being in 3D.

While I have your attention, Deuce...enlighten me...did Galapagos/K2 (the ones who are working on this title, too) work on only the first two games, or did they also work on SS3, 4 and the 64 titles, as well?

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
CyberAkuma said:
But in any case, I refuse to call it "Warrior's Rage". The PSX game can have that lame subtitle, as well as it being the pariah for why most people are overly resistant to SS being in 3D.

Wasn't the PS One game actually called Warriors Rage 2 in Japan?

Clessy

Banned
Is this still running on the type x 2 or have they changed hardware for the billionth time?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Looks nice and dark & if its anything like SS64/2 I'll be more than happy.

Deuce

CyberAkuma said:
Gotcha... but you do realize, it's not even remotely accurate, right? It just seems to me to be needlessly confusing. I just label them as follows:

Samurai Shodown 64
Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage (accurate to the actual title screen)
Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage (or Warriors Rage 2)
While I have your attention, Deuce...enlighten me...did Galapagos/K2 (the ones who are working on this title, too) work on only the first two games, or did they also work on SS3, 4 and the 64 titles, as well?
They did SS3, I know. SS4, possibly... I don't recall. I'm not certain offhand about the 64 titles.

YeldellGW said:
Wasn't the PS One game actually called Warriors Rage 2 in Japan?
No... it was:
剣客異聞録
甦りし蒼紅の刃
サムライスピリッツ新章

Kenkyaku Ibunroku
Yomigaerishi Soukou no Yaiba
Samurai Spirits Shinshou

A Strange Tale of Swordsmen
Revival of the Crimson and Azure Blades
A New Samurai Spirits Chapter

Descriptive, yes... but tedious.

And Sen was always planned for Type X-2 since its initial announcement.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
here goes all hope for A future better than TS 2d SS.

and dragon, that sig is disturb,... i mean distracting. especially the pose.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
That looks like it could be really good.

CyberAkuma

n00b
Deuce said:
Gotcha... but you do realize, it's not even remotely accurate, right? It just seems to me to be needlessly confusing. I just label them as follows:

Samurai Shodown 64
Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage (accurate to the actual title screen)
Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage (or Warriors Rage 2)

Whatever, works. All I know is that, by and large, most people associate "Warrior's Rage" with the PSX game, so to avoid confusion, I either use SS64-2, the JP title or "Ashura's Armada". Anything to make it so people will actually give me a chance, instead of immediately closing their ears because of what the PSX game did to turn off the few who did actually play it.

They did SS3, I know. SS4, possibly... I don't recall. I'm not certain offhand about the 64 titles.

Ah ok. Thanks any way.

Any way, I'm looking forward to this. Since these guys worked on the original games, as well as Tenchu...would you think that they won't be afraid to show people actually running each other through with blades again?

I mean, I won't profess to be like what Abster was 2 years back, but it would be interesting to see what they could do to try and bring back some of the stylish things that made SS what it was back in the day through this game. And I'd have to imagine that it would be easier to do such things in a 3D game, where polygonal models can be much easier to do such things to than to draw a number of sprites to accomplish the same effect.

Of course...they'd probably would go back to making it so that any body whose last name ends with "-ruru" probably still be immune...:rolleyes: