SNK '07-'08 Lineup (New Wii compilations!)

muffinman943

Banned
http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2007/9/21-44

SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the U.S. publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, today announced its 2007/2008 line-up at the Tokyo Game Show 2007, being held Sept. 20-23 at Makuhari Messe in Tokyo.

"We're pleased to once again be bringing fans more of the quality fighting and great arcade games they've come to expect from us," said Ben Herman, president of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, "and with the addition of a number of downloadable console titles, SNK aficionados will have even more options available to them."

The SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION Tokyo Game Show 2007 line-up is as follows:

--THE KING OF FIGHTERS COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA (Wii, PlayStation 2, PSP)
--METAL SLUG 7 (Nintendo DS)
--SNK ARCADE CLASSICS Volume 1 (PlayStation 2 system, PSP system)
--SAMURAI SHODOWN ANTHOLOGY (Wii, PlayStation 2 system)
--METAL SLUG 3 (Xbox LIVE Arcade)
--SAMURAI SHODOWN 2 (Xbox LIVE Arcade)
--FATAL FURY (Wii Virtual Console)
--WORLD HEROES (Wii Virtual Console)
--MAGICIAN LORD (Wii Virtual Console)

In addition to console titles, SNK PLAYMORE will also be announcing three new arcade titles at the Tokyo Game show:

--THE KING OF FIGHTERS XII
--KING OF FIGHTERS: MAXIMUM IMPACT REGULATION "A" 2
--SAMURAI SHOWDOWN SEN (JAPANESE TITLE)

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
SSII Live Arcade...

I think I just creamed my pants.

Let's just hope it doesn't a year to get released like FFS.

Would still be worth the wait though.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
So, the US is only getting one "new" game for the entire year?

I kinda wish they'd come up with some new series of games; something original, no more endless supply of sequels and rehashes. Yeah, they got that witch hunting game, but I was hoping for something a little less... embarrassing. :)

Even still, I'm very much looking forward to KOF XII. And the surprise announcement of a Last Blade 3 would be awesome!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm happy about all of this Wii support.

We get KoF Collection, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Neo Geo 16 in 1 Collection, and Neo Geo games on VC. Plus, we already got Metal Slug Anthology. I need to go get an arcade stick for my Wii. It's a shame that Metal Slug Anthology isn't Classic Controller compatible.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This announcement is awesome...but what exactly is on SNK Arcade Classics?
That could mean a zillion different things. Arcade Ikari Warriors series along with Guerrilla War? Magician Lord? Baseball Stars 2? (if there is a God)...

Man, need more info. Just dish it SNK-P, we WILL fucking buy them all.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
This announcement is awesome...but what exactly is on SNK Arcade Classics?
That could mean a zillion different things. Arcade Ikari Warriors series along with Guerrilla War? Magician Lord? Baseball Stars 2? (if there is a God)...

Man, need more info. Just dish it SNK-P, we WILL fucking buy them all.
That's what i like to know what's gonna be on that.

If it get's,Ikari Warriors 1-3 and Guerrilla War i'd be all over that then.

muffinman943

Banned
Is this 16-in-one real? All I saw as a "confirmation" was a vid of some guy that was like "DUDE I HAVE SECRET INFO"

kirax7

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm looking forward to the Samurai Showdown: Anthology set. :) This has become my new favorite Fighting series over the past couple of weeks, lol.

Pas

Camel Slug
I wonder what hardware Samurai Shodown Sen will be running on. Cant wait to see it...Im a big samsho fan...although this means one more to figure out a way to cram into my super samsho cab when I get a cab to put it all in ;)

---edit----
Looks like it will be on the Taito Type X2. Thats going to be expensive :(

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
More games that I already own. I can't wait.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Not too much to give a shit about...unless...

This anthology stays true to it's name and offers SS Tenka with an awesomely bad engrish translation. In which case I'll snatch that shit off the shelf and throw a fistful of cash at the clerk on the way out.

cyberfluxor

Another Striker
I'm certainly looking forward to the Metal Slug 7 on DS along with that new Contra DS game too. I don't know what's on the SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1 but I'm sure it's a good little mix, I still need the Metal Slug Anthology on PS2. :(

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Tron 2.0 said:
That's what i like to know what's gonna be on that.

If it get's,Ikari Warriors 1-3 and Guerrilla War i'd be all over that then.

YES. YES. YES. YES.

With a special rotary stick too.... :drool_2: (never gonna happen)

Pas

Camel Slug
Sp0o/\/?! said:
Not too much to give a shit about...unless...

This anthology stays true to it's name and offers SS Tenka with an awesomely bad engrish translation. In which case I'll snatch that shit off the shelf and throw a fistful of cash at the clerk on the way out.

It would not surprise me as the MS anthology has MS6 from the atomiswave...however I wouldnt expect the hyper games to be on there...just the MVS and atomiswave...from what I understand they lost all their hyper info (roms,etc) years ago.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I saw this when I was watching X-Play's Tokyo Game Show coverage.

It said that SNK announced something called the Sunsoft collection and it was going to be a collection of their games including Waku Waku 7 and it would be coming out on the PS2.

I haven't seen any other announcements for that so I don't know if it's true or not.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Pas said:
It would not surprise me as the MS anthology has MS6 from the atomiswave...however I wouldnt expect the hyper games to be on there...just the MVS and atomiswave...from what I understand they lost all their hyper info (roms,etc) years ago.

Thats all I'm asking; if SS6(tenka) is gonna make it onto the anthology. I already heard the news from falcoon(of all people) about the Hyper 64 titles.

CyberAkuma

n00b
Setsuna1982 said:
SNK lost the code of their own games? WTF?

They wouldn't be the only ones. Look at Capcom. Couldn't even be bothered to craft decent ports on some of their more obscure CPS3 titles like Warzard/Red Earth, simply because they weren't willing to go back to the difficult to develop for hardware that THEY crafted themselves.

YuckMud said:
It said that SNK announced something called the Sunsoft collection and it was going to be a collection of their games including Waku Waku 7 and it would be coming out on the PS2.

I haven't seen any other announcements for that so I don't know if it's true or not.

Well, if it means anything, the-magicbox.com backs up their claim.

http://the-magicbox.com/0709/game070922e.shtml

Too bad it doesn't look to be including Astra SuperStars in order to just round out the package deal better. That's probably my main qualm with this collection.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I've been wondering with the Samurai Shodown Anthology, if they're only releasing it on disc because of space restrictions on the Wii, or if they'll add online to it.